Will cruise price continue to drop?

evajean

Going to cruise the Carnival Dream July 16-23rd this year. Was somewhat of a last minute decision and haven't booked yet. A few sites show the inside stateroom for $679 right now. Will prices continue to drop if we wait a few weeks? Don't want to wait too long as it's only 9 weeks away!

Thanks

Eva

Going to cruise the Carnival Dream July 16-23rd this year. Was somewhat of a last minute decision and haven't booked yet. A few sites show the inside stateroom for $679 right now. Will prices continue to drop if we wait a few weeks? Don't want to wait too long as it's only 9 weeks away!

Thanks

Eva

That's an excellent question that none of us can answer with any degree of certainty.

Prices v. demand is reviewed about every three hours for every cruise. If the demand is low the price drops, if the demand is high the price goes up.

I'd wait just a bit and see if there's any sort of trend but even with that information it's a crap shoot...

Best of luck!

:)

For whatever it is worth we have two cruises booked one for Sept and one Jan.

They went down at first and took advantage of ES but lately going up as the sailing is selling well.

I would not count on prices going down from now to sailing date.

I think the best advice anyone could give is if the price is good for you, book - waiting for a price reduction doesn't always work out.

I have only had one cruise go down in price from the time I booked until sailing, and that one was such a small price reduction it wasn't even worth watching for. I know they happen, but I wouldn't count on it.

June and July are summer months. The prices are usually about 1.5xs more than what they normally are outside of summer, Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years. I don't think it will get much better. My friend and I booked our first Carnival Cruise 30 days out. The price for an inside gt. never went down anymore. If it makes you feel better. I paid about $769 after two price drops for an inside room on the 8th floor on Carnival Liberty last June.

Hi all,

Newbie here, please bear with me. I am in the meets of booking for Carnival Magic departing 4-1-12, and was told Carnival has a lowest price guarantee, meaning, I'd get some refund (in ? on board credit) if price drops before sailing. Wouldn't that apply to this booking in question? Has anyone received such a refund before?

Dan

Hi all,

Newbie here, please bear with me. I am in the meets of booking for Carnival Magic departing 4-1-12, and was told Carnival has a lowest price guarantee, meaning, I'd get some refund (in ? on board credit) if price drops before sailing. Wouldn't that apply to this booking in question? Has anyone received such a refund before?

Dan

The only way to get this was you had to have booked Early Saver rate, no other rate. .. with all the stiupulations on nonrefundable deposit, no name changes etc.

In any case, the OP cannot book this rate for this summer as the rate is pulled 5 months before cruises on 7 days and pulled 3 months before on shorter cruises.

The only guarantee OP has is if the price drops within 48 hours, otherwise they dont get the rate drop.

Hi all,

Dan

Two ways to go about this.

Early Saver Price: This price is the lowest and you can get OBC or money off your payment up until 2 days before you sail (if the price drops.) They offer this 5 months prior to sailing or until the rooms under that price sell out. The problem is you are locked in. No name changes, so switching, no cancel. Well, it will cost you to do any of those things. The price drop has to be in your exact category and you have to qualify for the lower price, so if you are not 55 or older, you can't put if for a price drop that was b/c of a senior discount. Carnival's website has more details.

Price drop: Its not an official title, but....before final payment you can get a price drop in your category without all the being locked in thing. Depending on what discounts you qualify for (Senior, past guest, military, state) you will pay a bit higher price.

I'm sure people will jump in if I'm wrong or missed anything.

Archived