Seattle to Vancouver/Victoria transportation

ceetee

Before our cruise out of Vancouver, we are staying 2 days in Seattle.

Then a few days in Victoria. Looking into either taking the high speed ferry Seattle to Victoria, or train to Vancouver, then ferry to Victoria.

Can someone give me an idea how to get from Amtrak station to ferry, how long does the ferry take to Victoria, then ferry back to cruise port?

Here's a link to the Clipper. Seattle to Victoria takes almost 3 hrs. Be sure to have your passport.

http://www.clippervacations.com/victoria/ferryschedule

If you mean how to get from the Seattle Amtrak to the Clipper at Pier 69 in Seattle, I'd say take a taxi, maybe $15.

If you have no luggage, and are willing to walk a few blocks you can ride the bus for free.

http://metro.kingcounty.gov/tops/bus/area_maps/m_seattle-rfa.html

Getting to Victoria from Vanc takes a little more time than you'd think. It takes about 1/2 hr to get from downtown Vanc out to the ferry terminal, then the ferry ride is 1 1/2 hrs. It doesn't dock in Victoria but Sidney which is about 1/2 hr north. I think Pacific Coach? does a bus trip from Vanc to Victoria.

I LOVE Victoria!

Before our cruise out of Vancouver, we are staying 2 days in Seattle.

Then a few days in Victoria. Looking into either taking the high speed ferry Seattle to Victoria, or train to Vancouver, then ferry to Victoria.

Can someone give me an idea how to get from Amtrak station to ferry, how long does the ferry take to Victoria, then ferry back to cruise port?

While you could travel back to Vancouver by train, and then coach (leaves from the same facility as the train) to Victoria. It's not worth it, and total would take a long time (it's 4.5 hrs from Bus/train station to downtown Victoria).

the better options are;

fly SEA-YYJ/Victoria

fly LKE/Lake Union-YWH/Victoria Harbour (Kenmore Air)

rent a car, drive to Port angeles WA and walk on the Coho Ferry (to downtown Victoria);

take the Victoria Clipper

Hopefully that gives you a bunch of ideas.

While you could travel back to Vancouver by train, and then coach (leaves from the same facility as the train) to Victoria. It's not worth it, and total would take a long time (it's 4.5 hrs from Bus/train station to downtown Victoria).

the better options are;

fly SEA-YYJ/Victoria

rent a car, drive to Port angeles WA and walk on the Coho Ferry (to downtown Victoria);

Thanks for all the alternative options that I wasn't aware of. Checking them out now.

I'm confused by your itinerary.

Is it Seattle, Victoria then Vancouver for the cruise?

If that's the case, why come back to Seattle? Take the Clipper to Victoria. Then go directly to Vancouver by bus or a short flight from harbor to harbor.

I find Trip Advisor to be much better for non cruise info. Lots of info on options here.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g154943-c5611/Vancouver:British-Columbia:Getting.From.Vancouver.To.Victoria.html

I'm confused by your itinerary.

Is it Seattle, Victoria then Vancouver for the cruise?

If that's the case, why come back to Seattle? Take the Clipper to Victoria. Then go directly to Vancouver by bus or a short flight from harbor to harbor.

I find Trip Advisor to be much better for non cruise info. Lots of info on options here.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g154943-c5611/Vancouver:British-Columbia:Getting.From.Vancouver.To.Victoria.html

Yes, 2 days in Seattle, then Victoria to visit friends, then Vancouver to catch the ship. Thanks for the link to tripadvisor. I checked out 3 more options there.

the better options are;

fly SEA-YYJ/Victoria

Renting a car is a no go. The few that have offices in Port Angeles do not allow drop off in the summer. At first that seem great, ferry was only $15 from there.

The flights, either plane or seaplane were close in price. I like the seaplane idea but twice the cost of the Victoria Clipper.

Now its a choice between costs and time and energy.

yes, you have to look at all the options then weigh the cost and benefit/ aggravation factor.

This bus will take you from Victoria to downtown Vancouver for around $30 and has several departures each day. Just plug in the right direction and month.

http://www.pacificcoach.com/Bus-Coach-Travel/Crosswater/Vancouver-to-Victoria

Given your itinerary, I'd say the Clipper to Victoria then the bus to Vancouver.

TIP (the view is better upstairs on the Clipper; plus kids and strollers are on the first level).

The scenery on the Clipper route is very nice but passing between the islands on the BC ferry is my favorite. At the narrowest part you usually meet up with a ferry going the opposite direction. It's hard to know which side of the boat to be on! Saw orcas one year. If they're around the captain will announce it, on both the Clipper and the ferry.

Renting a car is a no go. The few that have offices in Port Angeles do not allow drop off in the summer. At first that seem great, ferry was only $15 from there.

The flights, either plane or seaplane were close in price. I like the seaplane idea but twice the cost of the Victoria Clipper.

Now its a choice between costs and time and energy.

I'm not sure, but I'm sure there are bus services between Seattle and Port Angeles as well, and I'll bet they meet the ferry Google should help out there.

Also; when you go from Victoria -> Vancouver cruise terminal, you have a few options. The coach line (downtown Victoria to Vancouver's Pacific Station a couple of miles from the Cruise terminal) is just under $50 (including ferry), or the other option, which is just as fast as the coach...

#70 bus Victoria -> Swartz Bay ($2.50)

Ferry Swartz Bay->Tsawwassen ($14.25)

#620 bus Tsawwassen -> Bridgeport; transfer to Canada Line Skytrain to Waterfront (3 blocks from cruise terminal) ($5.00)

Archived