No discounts for B2B cruises?

edgeman61

I have primarily sailed with HAL and I know that for some B2B itineraries (collectors cruises) they offer discounts off of the individual cruise fare.

The DW and I are doing the Pacific coastal on the Century next spring, continuing on to Alaska (same ship) and when asked, Celebrity said they do not discount sequential cruises.

This will be our first (and second) cruise with X so we will not get a Captains Club number untill after our first cruise and I suspect that no consideration will be made on the second cruise as it occurs before the first cruise will be registered.

I guess this is more of a rant than a question but without a Captains Club account where does one find any discounts with Celebrity?

Thanks

I just booked B2B and am a Captain's Club member and there was no discount for booking the B2B.

Also, like other lines, you don't automatically get a discount for being a Captain's Club Member. They have special Captain's Club incentives for select cruises. When you are set up on line with your Captain's Club number, go into Captain's Club and look for "New Exclusive Offers" and you will be able to see the specials just for Captain Club members.

True, in your situation, becoming a CC member at the end of the first leg will not bring you the benefit of the early bird booking available for some cruises for CC members. From what I can see, you'd generally come out ahead by booking your next cruise on board instead of doing the discounted CC booking, anyway, once you factor in cabin upgrades and OBC offers. But you can't really do that for your second leg, either.

Celebrity otherwise does not offer much in the line of discounts. TAs can get some reduced pricing by booking blocks of cabins, which they will then pass on some of the savings to their clients, but you'd have to hunt for those.

BTW, you may need to bring your new status as a CC member to the staff's attention when you begin the second leg, in order to get the benefits (coupon book, invite to the Captain's Club gathering) you have coming. And in this context, CC stands for Captain's Club, not Cruise Critic.

Celebrity considers each cruise independent so there is no break for booking B2B cruises, which I wish there was. And the folks who book B2B2B or even six consecutive cruises wish so even more than I do!

But, just like hotels or airlines, you cannot join the loyalty program until after your first cruise, however, go to the loyalty host/hostess during the first cruise, introduce yourselves, and you will probably get all the Captain's Club amenities for your second cruise. While on board, go to the on-board booking agent to learn what kinds of discounts they offer, which are usually greater than the membership discounts in any case.

Strange but on the Celebrity website, under specials, you will find the following:

Can't get enough of Australia and New Zealand? Book back-to-back 10-to-18 night consecutive cruises and receive $100 to $200 off per cabin**.
the **:
**The Exciting Deals rate program is valid for new bookings only, is not combinable with any other offer or promotion.

I have primarily sailed with HAL and I know that for some B2B itineraries (collectors cruises) they offer discounts off of the individual cruise fare.

The DW and I are doing the Pacific coastal on the Century next spring, continuing on to Alaska (same ship) and when asked, Celebrity said they do not discount sequential cruises.

This will be our first (and second) cruise with X so we will not get a Captains Club number untill after our first cruise and I suspect that no consideration will be made on the second cruise as it occurs before the first cruise will be registered.

I guess this is more of a rant than a question but without a Captains Club account where does one find any discounts with Celebrity?

Thanks

I have checked those out also and still found them to be overpriced.

Hmmm.....when I inquired about that B2B special they told me it was just double what they were offering on single cruises, so there was no special for B2B, but then, I've been misinformed before, so if they are offering some incentive for B2B, that is great news. Now if only they would do it for all B2B bookings, not just the Australia/NewZealand ones.

............ go to the loyalty host/hostess during the first cruise, introduce yourselves, and you will probably get all the Captain's Club amenities for your second cruise.
That was what we did when we were Select years ago on the first leg of a B2B, which gave us the last remaining credit we needed to qualify as Elite for the second leg.

When we entered our cabin on the first day of the second leg upon returning from a shore excursion, we were pleasantly surprised to find Elite coupons and invitations on the bed waiting for us without our even requesting them.

Archived