Epic in the Mediterranean Entertainment Schedule Question, no Second City?

doggfan7

So I just logged onto my booking at NCL.com and viewed the entertainment schedule for my 8/14 Mediterranean sailing on the Epic and noticed that both the Second City shows and Murder Mystery were both absent? Can anybody confirm that they will not be present on the Epic's European sailings? That is such a disappointment as I have heard nothing but great things about them.

So I just logged onto my booking at NCL.com and viewed the entertainment schedule for my 8/14 Mediterranean sailing on the Epic and noticed that both the Second City shows and Murder Mystery were both absent? Can anybody confirm that they will not be present on the Epic's European sailings? That is such a disappointment as I have heard nothing but great things about them.

Please see: http://www.epic.ncl.com/the-experience/entertainment/the-second-city/

I understood it be that we Europeans do not understand American humour. So why do the TV companies keep buying up American comedy shows? If we don't get the humour why keep showing them?

Apparently I will prefer to see Spanish flamenco dancers, some ballet dancers, some puppet show (not muppets or spitting image) and a Beatles tribute. Well maybe I will like the Beatles but that may well appeal to a US audience too, and maybe they think that the cultural shows will also appeal to US guests. They will appeal to some Europeans but it doesn't appeal to me at all, I shall go to Blue Man and then see what is around in the bars and lounges.

Being a European I was deeply disappointed to hear that we won´t have Second City on the Epic. I had them on the Gem and Jade - both times Med cruises. And I was looking forward to some good comedy on the Epic.

I didn´t even know what to book of those variety acts (and you can only make a reservation for one of them). Descriptions weren´t really helpful.

steamboats

I have seen Second City several times and the murder mystery on the Epic. It is not that we necessarily have a different sense of humour (although we often do) it is more the cultural references that drive a wedge between the two nations/continents in regard to these two acts. Constant references to obscure politicians/sports stars/tv personalities can often result in puzzled glances between the non-US pax. In any case, no-one has seen the new acts and they may well receive good reviews. I cannot believe that the EPIC entertainment bookers will allow their hard won reputation to be destroyed by careless booking of low quality acts. Entertainment needs to be refreshed to ensure passengers keep coming back for more. Having seen the outgoing acts several times already, I am looking forward to some new experiences.

If the Beatles tribute act is the one we saw on the Gem last year then I can highly recommend them.

One of our favourite things to do on the Epic (we were on the inaugural TA) was to go to Fat Cats after dinner - great music and atmosphere.

I must admit I'd never heard of 2nd city before booking my NCL cruise. But like has been mentioned already, I watched the new episode of "Family Guy" last night and it was about American politics and it was just not funny as kept making reference to people I had never heard of!

Archived