Theme Nights

NewCruiser405

What can anyone tell us about theme nights? Do people get all dressed up according to theme? Do they do several different themes. We are doing a 10-day cruise on RCCL. It was rumored that there would be 4 theme nights--Caribbean, western, a 50's-60's, and a 70's. I'm not prepared to pack a bunch of costumes!

The only thing I take is some tropical print shirts for Caribbean/Island nights. You will see a few passengers dressed for '50s night and country-western night.

When we first started taking cruises in the late 1980s, theme nights and costume contests had more participation. I think today's passengers don't want the Love Boat type experience.

They're not the type of theme nights that you saw in the 80's where a lot of the passengers dressed up. Now, theme night usually just means they tie their entertainment and maybe menu items to a theme. The only time you might see people dressed in a "theme" is when they wear Hawaiian shirts on island night. Don't waste valuable packing space by putting in costumes. No one dresses in them anymore.

Archived