Has anyone every carried all their luggage on?

Just wondering if we arrive at the pier after 1pm, which is when the cabins are open, has anyone every rolled all their luggage on instead of sending thru with porters? Will they even let you do this?? Is there a certain size it needs to be?

Thanks

Self disembarkation is different that carrying on your luggage. When disembarking they do not have to scan it so it can be whatever size you want. Carrying it on without sending it through with porter it still has to go through the scanning machine on your way through security so it has to fit.

Most of he scanners I've seen will fit bags that are larger than the airline carryon maximum (remember, that's the size that will fit in the overhead, not fit through the X-ray), maybe up to 26 inches. We usually carry on our 21" bags and smaller totes. We seldom travel with anything larger. I also hate to wait around for my luggage - I've had the tags torn off (yes, we tipped the porter) or some item make them suspicious and send the bag to the naughty room for inspection. so I prefer just to take it on myself.

for 3 day...yes...all the time with small carry ons and back packs.

on longer cruises, we stood in a long check in line with a larger suitcase, and they sent us out to check it....then to the back of the line!!!

We always put everything we need for day 1 in our carry on just in case our main luggage is late arriving to our stateroom.

Just make sure the cases will fit in the scanner before you get in line!!

As mentioned earlier the scanners will accept bags that are a good deal larger than what the airlines consider carryon. The only problem I have run into is a rather officious rent-a-cop who told me my bag was too large. After a brief discussion he allowed me to proceed. The reason I mentioned that is because a poster on this board reported that one particular guard would not even let them in the terminal with the bag, had to check it.

Archived