Pacific Pricess Lotus Spa Private Deck

mycruz

I was just looking at the description for the suite we have booked on the Pacific Princess. There is mention of access to the Lotus Spa Private Deck. My question is, would this be similar to the Sanctuary on the other ship?

Does anyone have any pictures or recent experience with this?

Sounds like my kind of place!:)

Thanks Latitude, so is it exclusively for suite guests or can anyone use it? Except for the hot tub, not much difference than the balcony on the ship except it would hold a few more people.

Good to hear Toto. O

ne of the things that doesn't get monitored are the number of people in the Thermal Suites. Sometimes it's terribly crowded so I don't enjoy it as much.

I looked at the ship layout and there are only 12 loungers. I don't understand, if it is one of the perks of a full suite, why are they allowing anyone to use it?

Let's just say that in the times we have booked a full suite on the smaller ships, I have only heard of one full suite passenger that bothered to go (and that was someone who sailed after our last cruise and emailed me that they did go up and check, and were actually not treated too friendly when they attempted to gain access as one of the full suite perks). These suites have HUGE balconies and most just enjoy the privacy of their balcony. So, that is only ONE couple I personally have ever heard of that bothered to go up there. ;) That leaves space for them to sell to others since it is rarely used by full suite passengers as one of the full suite perks.

FYI-I have only seen this advertised for a suite perk on the Royal Princess. When we sailed on the Tahitian (now Ocean) and the Pacific, it was not listed as one of the full suite perks. I haven't checked lately, so that might have changed, but it was not on our suite description on the other two smaller ships in the fleet.

Edited: I just checked and this perk is not listed for the Ocean or Pacific Princess full suites. On the Royal, it was in the suite description for the ship though. ;)

Thanks for clearing that up Toto. We usually get an aft suite but have never been on the smaller ships. On the Grand we decided to try the Sanctuary one day that we wanted sun time and our balcony was in the shade.

I'd never leave our balcony if we had those cushions on our loungers.

Here's the link from our stateroom 7004 on the Pacific....states access to the Spa Private Deck. Fo to deck 7 and click on 7004 view details.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/pa/deck_plans/index.html

So, you are right that the balcony on the suite will be huge, I was just hoping that there were some services like the sanctuary. I may attempt to use it since it has a hot tub and is close to the sauna and spa. Those are things I really enjoy using.

Here's the link from our stateroom 7004 on the Pacific....states access to the Spa Private Deck. Fo to deck 7 and click on 7004 view details.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/pa/deck_plans/index.html

So, you are right that the balcony on the suite will be huge, I was just hoping that there were some services like the sanctuary. I may attempt to use it since it has a hot tub and is close to the sauna and spa. Those are things I really enjoy using.

Hummm, that is strange as on the Royal, the perk was listed in the basic suite description, but now on the other two you have to actually get the list from the individual cabin description.

Since we're sailing up the Amazon, the front of the ship will be nice I hope! I'm ok with it, wasn't my decision to book a forward suite, it's what the "Man" wants for this cruise. I hope that the balcony will be usable, he loves the strong winds on the ships and isn't worried at all about being forward. Used to sail on the ferries out to Martha's Vinyard in the winter standing on the forward deck! Stories of ice and such, me, I'm a southern girl and just want to enjoy the sights! Not into breezy balconies!:eek:

I can't give you an opinion of the forward PH suites on the smaller ships, we are AFT type passengers and book the OS Suites. But the OS suites and PH suites on this class of ship are absolutely fantastic. You will love it. But I think the wind will all depend on good old Mother Nature. Have a great cruise!

Archived