Dinning Room Question - Explorer of the Seas

My family and I have the early dinning time but on a couple of the port days we will get back too late for dinner. Would we be able to do anytime dinning on those nights?

No, unfortunately you would not. When requesting anytime (My Time) your grats are prepaid, therefore you can dine whenever you would like. Unfortunately it sounds like the days you arrive back to the ship past your assigned dinner time you would be looking at WJ or the speciality restaurant. Why not try to switch to MTD?

They usually serve the same things in the WJ at dinner as they do in the MDR (not the same appetizers though, from what I've heard) so we just go there if we are late. It's a different atmosphere than lunch.

My family and I have the early dinning time but on a couple of the port days we will get back too late for dinner. Would we be able to do anytime dinning on those nights?

You might want to consider switching to My Time Dining if it is still available when you first board the ship. That way you can eat early on those nights when you are onboard at your usual dinner time and whenever it is convenient for you when you get back to the ship late. You will have to have your gratuities added to your account when you sign up for MTD but since you are likely going to tip in at least the suggested amounts anyway, it shouldn't make much difference.

Archived