Water on the Caribbean Princess

CK77

Hmmm... the equivalent of three cans a day is a "serious addiction." I didn't know that and may need to get some help.

There's been some talk about an intervention . . .

The ship's water is fine. Even I, notoriously tap-water-averse, will happily drink it indoors, although I do buy the large-size bottled water out by the pool because I believe in helping to pay the salaries of the waitstaff working out there in the hot sun. I'm just philanthropic that way.

Yuh know, I read a lot of replies with much skepticism....

However, just sailing Crown Princess, I took a gamble....

I stopped the traditional practice of lugging cases of water aboard.

Instead, took the advice of people here, and brought two large water bottles.

Once aboard, I filled and stored them in the refrigerator.

The water tasted perfect. No funny taste at all. It tasted as good as what you would buy in the store.

So take this testimonial as real. The water on the ship is fine. You can save a lot of money and effort by filling your own bottles with it.

I love to drink lots of water. I thought it tasted great! Go to any bar. Ask for ice water they will give it to you free. I also brought a bottle and filled it up and left in my refrig in the room. So I always had cold water everywhere. Then I realized all I had to do is ask for water at the bars.

The little refrigerators never get cold enough for us. Which is the reason we bring our own little rolling ice chest that the room attendant keeps filled with ice for the case of water and soda we bring with us. I don't like water that smells like chlorine or has sodium levels so high that makes me swell....

But that is just me. By all means do what pleases you. It's your vacation. I always do. Isn't that all that matters??

Archived