Water on the Caribbean Princess

CK77

How’s the water on the Caribbean Princess?

We really like to drink lots of water, even at Dinner. Do they charge you for water with your Dinner?

Outside of the charges for Bottled water in your room, is there any place else you have to pay for water?

We don’t drink Alcohol and we would only drink maybe a Soda or two at best a day, if that. I'm thinking about the Soda card, but not sure if it's worth it for us.

Thanks

Have never been on the Caribbean Princess but they have the same desalination equipment as the rest of the fleet. We have been on 12 of the 17 ships in the fleet and have always drank the tap water which is as pure as any bottled water you can buy.

We have never purchased the soda card, however, doing some math you can purchase about three cans per day for the same price as the unlimited sticker gets you.

The water on these ships is probably purer than most bottled water that you buy. We usually take our own water bottles and fill up with cold water at the lido buffet before we go out for the day.

I dont know why people pay so much for bottled water when the ship water is just as good.

The water on these ships is probably purer than most bottled water that you buy. We usually take our own water bottles and fill up with cold water at the lido buffet before we go out for the day.

I dont know why people pay so much for bottled water when the ship water is just as good.

Yup. Most bottled water is just from municipal water supply, i.e. tap water in a bottle.

Thanks for the Replies...Two more questions that seem to have gotten overlooked (maybe dumb questions, but since this is out first Cruise, you never know):

We really like to drink lots of water, even at Dinner. Do they charge you for water with your Dinner?

Outside of the charges for Bottled water in your room, is there any place else you have to pay for water?

Thanks for the Replies...Two more questions that seem to have gotten overlooked (maybe dumb questions, but since this is out first Cruise, you never know):

The only charge for water is for the bottled water anywhere on the ship. They will keep filling your glass at dinner as often as you like with the ship water.

Also, the water from the Horizon Court spigot is the same water as you get from the tap in your room.

I always get the soda sticker, because I too drink only water all day. But I like my water with bubbles, and so drink club soda beginning with breakfast. Also, a wide top water bottle is a valuable thing...get ice snd water at the buffet snd you're set for a day in port.

Have never been on the Caribbean Princess but they have the same desalination equipment as the rest of the fleet. We have been on 12 of the 17 ships in the fleet and have always drank the tap water which is as pure as any bottled water you can buy.

We have never purchased the soda card, however, doing some math you can purchase about three cans per day for the same price as the unlimited sticker gets you.

I agree, no need to buy water, it does not get any better then the water on the ship.

Kirk

Water (unbottled) water is free. However, when we were on Caribbean Princess 4/24-5/1, there were some days when the water had a strong metal taste.

We found that on the May 1st sailing as well. We never had any complaints about the water served in the dining rooms, but we really noticed an off taste in the water in the buffet at lunch. It wasn't so bad that you couldn't drink it...it just didn't taste right.

They only charge (most cruise-lines do) for bottled water and the price is going to be rather high ($3-$4). You are going to pay for bottle water no matter where you get it (in room, on pool deck, with meals, etc). However all dining venues will have chilled "tap" water. Don't let the name fool you it is reverse osmosis desalinated water pretty much as pure as you can get.

I am not much of a water drinker in everyday life but on cruises I drink water nearly non-stop (helps to offset the sun and booze). They always keep glasses of water topped off in the main dining room, never need to ask.

One tip:

Since we usually end up buying gifts and duty free products we pack bottle water in our suitcase. The cruise purchases will take that space on the way back. It is a cheap way to bring your own bottle water and it ensures you will have space for your purchases on the trip back.

Another tip:

bring a large water re-usable bottle. Load up on ice water and avoid paying for water in port. You can use an old disposable water bottle in a pinch but a larger aluminum water bottle can be loaded with mostly ice and some water to stay cooler longer.

Unless you have a serious addiction, I don't think the soda card is worth it. You can bring your own cans/bottles aboard in your luggage or pick some up when you go ashore for a fraction of the cost and it would be better than the watered down fountain junk.

Water ..water everywhere but neary a drop to drink..

Having good drinking water available is best if you bring your own.

Cases you bring identify by a luggage tag sent to your stateroom.

On Ships the Sodium levels are very advanced so if you have an intolerance bring more of your own.

Soda and Bottled Water are usually less when you purchase them prior to your departures and/or in a Port of Call.

When these go on sale that usually is the best retail time for your purchases.

In New Jersey there is NO Deposit on Containers, bottle, nor cans. So yes that does lower your cost basis as well..

We are leaving , God willing, on the ship tuesday 05/17/2011 a.d. now acoming..

We do bring our own soda pop, water etc.. that way we have a much better product of our own choice as well we know what we like most too to consume.

Choices ..choices..

Unless you have a serious addiction, I don't think the soda card is worth it. You can bring your own cans/bottles aboard in your luggage or pick some up when you go ashore for a fraction of the cost and it would be better than the watered down fountain junk.
Hmmm... the equivalent of three cans a day is a "serious addiction." I didn't know that and may need to get some help.

hoping for the three-peat this summer.///

The water was absolutely delicious!! I had 18 nights of free water only at dinner.....

I am not a wine/beer drinker.

Was just on Carnival Pride and have to say it was a good thing I brought powdered GatorAde for excursion...I was dissapointed in the taste of the ship water.

Bernadette

Water ..water everywhere but neary a drop to drink..

Having good drinking water available is best if you bring your own.

Cases you bring identify by a luggage tag sent to your stateroom.

On Ships the Sodium levels are very advanced so if you have an intolerance bring more of your own. Did you have it tested in a lab?

Soda and Bottled Water are usually less when you purchase them prior to your departures and/or in a Port of Call.

When these go on sale that usually is the best retail time for your purchases.

In New Jersey there is NO Deposit on Containers, bottle, nor cans. So yes that does lower your cost basis as well..

We are leaving , God willing, on the ship tuesday 05/17/2011 a.d. now acoming..

We do bring our own soda pop, water etc.. that way we have a much better product of our own choice as well we know what we like most too to consume.

Choices ..choices..

See question in red above.

Like you I questioned that one.

I don't believe sodium levels of ship's drinking water are any different from the water in the tap at home...in fact may be better. :D

Ciao for now!!!

Yeh! The desalination process takes all the sodium out, why would they add more?

When we sailed on Caribbean Princess (aprox 2 year ago) I was recouperating from very recent cancer surgery. One of the most important aspects of this was to have continuous liquid intake.

I noramlly react to foreign water, but had NO issue with the water straight from the taps on Princess. This holds true also for our cruise on Carnvial.

Nowhere did I ever have to pay for my water, I could even walk up to any bar on any deck and just ask for a glass of water and they happily gave one to me, complete with a lemon or lime trim. I extended a tip, of course, but there was never a charge.

I hope this helps.

"On Ships the Sodium levels are very advanced so if you have an intolerance bring more of your own."

I read a post that claimed higher sodium levels were the cause of some people's weight gain...has anyone heard this? (Sounds like a feeble excuse to one's overindulgence)

I am also a big water drinker and always drink the water from the ship and never had any issues. Generally I have a water bottle that I carry on tour which is filled with the ship's water and use the same bottle during the day as I go to the various venues from poolside to bingo. Brita now makes a water bottle with a filter so as you drink the water is passed through the filter. A twin pack of water bottles cost around $17.99. Replacement filters are available. Make a great travel companion. Here is the link.:)

http://www.brita.com/products/filtering-bottle/

I love to drink lots of water. I thought it tasted great! Go to any bar. Ask for ice water they will give it to you free. I also brought a bottle and filled it up and left in my refrig in the room. So I always had cold water everywhere. Then I realized all I had to do is ask for water at the bars.

Archived