Spirit web cam

Does everyone like the new view from the Spirit's web cam?

I would love to take credit for getting it modified, but the new Staff Captain beat me to the request. I asked John O'Hara about refocusing the camera and he told me that the Staff Captain, moving over from the Gem, was already changing it.

PE

To me it doesn't seem any different than before... how about a before and after picture. :D I check the webcams sporadically and most of them are clear enough where I can make the mental picture and that's all that counts! :D

Since you asked....

Here are the before/after shots from the Spirit's Bridge Cam:

Spirit.jpg

I think that the new viewing angle is a great improvement over the old one.

I've complained about it to DS before so I hope it stays this way! It was changed to this view a couple of months ago for a day or two but then someone must have bumped it. They need to tighten up the screws on it!

The one that really needs adjustment is on the PofA. I feel like I'm falling off the ship when I look at that one!

Anyone else play the "What port are they at now?" game when flipping thru the different webcam views?

Does everyone like the new view from the Spirit's web cam?

I would love to take credit for getting it modified' date=' but the new Staff Captain beat me to the request. I asked John O'Hara about refocusing the camera and he told me that the Staff Captain, moving over from the Gem, was already changing it.

PE[/color']

That's great! I wish it had been in that position during the two seasons of Boston to Bermuda...when I was a daily stalker!

I think the second shot is the best. You can see the island and everything.

Where is this cam located? (Meaning give me a link so that I can view) :D

If you go to NCL.com, the web cam link is on the introduction page for each individual ship.

PE

If you go to NCL.com' date=' the web cam link is on the introduction page for each individual ship.

PE[/color']

I already went to the NCL 1st page. I see nothing at all that says webcam...which is why I ask.

If someone could post a link or where to click, that would be awesome, but I'm not seeing anything. :(

I already went to the NCL 1st page. I see nothing at all that says webcam...which is why I ask.

If someone could post a link or where to click, that would be awesome, but I'm not seeing anything. :(

Its easy...

Just click on the link in Post #7 of this very thread.

I tried that, but thought it was just a picture someone posted of it. So that's the actual web cam? It must only be updated every so often or something (since you don't see any of the water moving or anything).

Nope, that's the webcam. As you pointed out, it is just a photo capture, not a live video stream.

If you select the Spirit from the ships list you will go to the overview page for that ship. To the right side of the blue banner under Norwegian Spirit: Overview, you will see a heading called Explore. Right below that is a bullet item labeled "View the Live Web Cam". This is the same for all NCL ships.

I could post the link, but I prefer to show you how to find it, so you can find it again in the future. If I give you a link that link will disappear over time and then where are you. ;) Good luck.

PE

If you select the Spirit from the ships list you will go to the overview page for that ship. To the right side of the blue banner under Norwegian Spirit: Overview' date=' you will see a heading called Explore. Right below that is a bullet item labeled "View the Live Web Cam". This is the same for all NCL ships.[/color']

I could post the link, but I prefer to show you how to find it, so you can find it again in the future. If I give you a link that link will disappear over time and then where are you. ;) Good luck.

PE

John, you sound like a teacher now. Glad ya'll made it home. Hope your cruise was good. We are looking to plan our next one. It was very nice to meet you and your wife.

I've complained about it to DS before so I hope it stays this way! It was changed to this view a couple of months ago for a day or two but then someone must have bumped it. They need to tighten up the screws on it!

The one that really needs adjustment is on the PofA. I feel like I'm falling off the ship when I look at that one!

Anyone else play the "What port are they at now?" game when flipping thru the different webcam views?

Hi, Crew Mom. I used to play that game all the time a couple of years ago but then all the cameras seemed to change, narrow their focus, and you couldn't see the ports anymore. I quit checking. Are they showing the ports again?

You say that the Staff Captain coming from The Gem fixed the camera angle. Do you know what the Staff Captain's name is? John O'Hara left The Spirit yesterday for a short vacation and then going back to The Pride. The only reason I am asking is that I met very nice Staff Captain the first week of February on The Gem who was from Croatia. His first name was Vanja. Mandy

If you select the Spirit from the ships list you will go to the overview page for that ship. To the right side of the blue banner under Norwegian Spirit: Overview' date=' you will see a heading called Explore. Right below that is a bullet item labeled "View the Live Web Cam". This is the same for all NCL ships.

PE

[/color']

Thanks. Found it :D

You say that the Staff Captain coming from The Gem fixed the camera angle. Do you know what the Staff Captain's name is? John O'Hara left The Spirit yesterday for a short vacation and then going back to The Pride. The only reason I am asking is that I met very nice Staff Captain the first week of February on The Gem who was from Croatia. His first name was Vanja. Mandy

The Staff Captain that made the camera adjustment was Matko Candrlic.

• 2 months later...

If you select the Spirit from the ships list you will go to the overview page for that ship. To the right side of the blue banner under Norwegian Spirit: Overview' date=' you will see a heading called Explore. Right below that is a bullet item labeled "View the Live Web Cam". This is the same for all NCL ships.[/color']

PE

PE Like it......:p

Archived