what kind of dancing avail on Miracle?

rkmom

We will be going on the Miracle in July and I would love to be able to go dancing some with my husband. But I am not a good dancer and I feel very self-conscious (I know--who cares what strangers think, but I care what he thinks!)

So, I'm curious about the types of music and dancing that will be onboard, in case I might be able to get in a few lessons or at least practice beforehand.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks! KL

This is a great time of year to take a few "ballroom" dancing lessons. We took a 6 week course several years ago through our local community college; Waltz, Cha-Cha, Tango, Swing. We killed each others feet! We have been dancing fools since we met, but both just do our best. Don't worry about making a fool of yourself. Just enjoy the beat of the music and get out there to dance. There will be a DJ who will play the top 40's. The house band will play at the shows in the theater, but other than a Captain's Welcome party, they won't be playing much dance music just listening. There is usually a trio or pianist in the Atrium area bar. There is always a guitarist in a club or two. Variety is usually pretty good and they don't always play at the same time or in the same lounge. Often on the Lido deck or in the theater or a lounge in the daytime, the activities staff will give dance lessons too. Like the Electric Slide, Country Western Line Dances, etc.

Bon Voyage

We will be going on the Miracle in July and I would love to be able to go dancing some with my husband. But I am not a good dancer and I feel very self-conscious (I know--who cares what strangers think, but I care what he thinks!)

So, I'm curious about the types of music and dancing that will be onboard, in case I might be able to get in a few lessons or at least practice beforehand.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks! KL

There is a club called Frankie and Johnies on board and it is not the disco, they have a wonderfull band who plays a great mix every evening.This will be the place that you want to hang out at.The band is great and we have seen them on 3 different ships.

Steve

And don't forget about that wonderful dinner club, Nick and Nora's, where they have a very nice dance floor and romantic ambiance. When I was there, they had an easy listening couple of musicians who were very good. Don't be self conscious, I am not a good dancer either, but my wife and I had a memorable time at Nick and Nora's.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks! KL

Carnival Disco's/clubs have such great lighting that even the "worst" dancer, and I hold that title, looks like Ginger Rogers or Fred Astaire. Relax, have a drink or two, or three or at least hope your travel companions have overindulged, let your hair down and let your feet and hips land where they may!!!!

Live EACH day as if it's your last and tell someone you love that you do!

Selah!

Archived