Anyone just cruise the Baltic? Weather?

skiboy

We are scheduled to be on the Oceania Marina Baltic cruise from Copenhagen on June 11th. Have friends who went a few years ago in July & they said they were always cold. (We're from Southern California)

We went several years ago in June & the weather will vary so take a light jacket

We were in short sleeves in Tallin & a jacket for SPB ;)

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

We are scheduled to be on the Oceania Marina Baltic cruise from Copenhagen on June 11th. Have friends who went a few years ago in July & they said they were always cold. (We're from Southern California)

Weather is naturally a crap-shoot, and you Southern Californians are WAY spoiled weather-wise. I'd suggest that you Google the average June temperature for any of the ports, to see if you will be comfortable.

Hi skiboy,

Please join our roll call for this cruise. We have

50 people already posting.

Judy:D

...nor is it Las Vegas, where we live.

I agree with the reply that you should research the temperature for the places you'll be visiting. A great website for this is www.weatherbase.com which has thousands of cities. It gives normal temperatue ranges, precipitation and a whole lot more.

Having said that, we've been to the Baltics/Scandinavia a few times. Summers are relatively dry although cloudy weather can be common. It is also changeable. Normally, you can expect temperatures in the 60's, the 70's if you're lucky---all in all not too different from late winter in southern California! Have fun wearing your jacket!

I was there the exact same time of the year four years ago on a land trip for three weeks and returning to this part of the world for the first time since on this Marina cruise with you and yorkiemom.

Four years ago, we had a heatwave for half the trip, sweltering in Helsinki, St. Petersburg and Copenhagen, then finally returning to normal mid-June temperatures when we got to Oslo, Bergen and, lastly, Stockholm. So who knows?

I use the wunderground weather website that gives you historical weather information for as many years as your want to look. Just be prepared for anything!

See you onboard at one of our Meet & Greets!

My recollection of the weather in the latter half of May 2001 was that we were very comfortable. (And I was born and raised in L.A. although I've been living in NYC for many years and finally adjusted to the cold winters although I will NEVER adjust to a hot humid NYC summer!)

My diary indicates some rainy days but not real rain, and never really cold. My photos show clear weather. And that was in late May. (Our post cruise trip in early June was to Denmark where the weather was gorgeous.)

It could be warmer in the summer time. I rather doubt it would be cold, even though my days as a southern Californian are long gone!

But I know better than to PREDICT weather!

Archived