Body Buzzing/Shaking After Cruise?

mama_2_boys

I had this a little bit after our 4 day cruise last year but not on any cruises I had been on before that. Just got off a 7 day on Saturday and I can really feel my body buzzing today. How long does this last? Anything I can do to make it better? I've kept moving most of the day trying to ignore it b/c it's making me feel a little queasy.

I had this a little bit after our 4 day cruise last year but not on any cruises I had been on before that. Just got off a 7 day on Saturday and I can really feel my body buzzing today. How long does this last? Anything I can do to make it better? I've kept moving most of the day trying to ignore it b/c it's making me feel a little queasy.

Take bonnie or Dramamine for a day or 2

It's your "sea legs"...takes a couple days or so to resolve. I've found that the more I feel the sea while on the ship, the less I feel it when back on solid ground, and vice versa.

I agree w/ gemsm...try some Dramamine or Bonine. On some cruises I've found I take that more after the cruise than during.

You are not alone! It takes me two or three days to lose that feeling! It usually hits me when I'm sitting or standing still. If I walk a bit it gets better.

I only took 1/2 of a Bonnie twice on our last cruise and didn't feel a think when we got home. It was nice to not have that sea leg after effects that I normally have. Rocking back and forth gently in a chair does help with the side effects until it goes away. Of course if you are at work or out in public that might not be such a good idea ;)

Time is the sure thing. From the studies I have been reading, taking medicine after the fact doesn't really help and is more of a placebo. Meclizine is a better preventative medicine than a remedy.

Of course because I read all that, the placebo effect doesn't work for me. Just time. Well time and exercise.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

I was still rocking for about a week, after a 7 day cruise a couple of Decembers ago. I made the mistake of leaning over the edge of our home pool to free the Polaris pool cleaner and "rocked" in head first. We had been having days of frigid weather, and the water was painfully cold. Luckily, the heated spa was on and I managed to get into it quickly. I understand now how people drown so quickly in icy water. :eek:

• 6 years later...

You should go see a doctor, this is not normal. You may have an ear/vestibular problem (infection?) that could do this.

AFA "sea legs" nah, you're just rationalizing. I did time in the Navy with extended time at sea. Ya don't get "sea legs" from being on a 1000', 110,000 GWT ship for a week....

I frequently have a swaying feeling after cruising. I take ginger capsules while on the cruise & now take them for 5-7 days after returning home. I think everyone is different as far as how sensitive they are to the switch from land to sailing to land. It's not necessarily abnormal - I've read it can have something to do with the crystals in your ear. Hard for me to explain, but interesting reading material - I read a couple of articles a few years back, so my memory of the details is not so great.

You should go see a doctor, this is not normal. You may have an ear/vestibular problem (infection?) that could do this.

AFA "sea legs" nah, you're just rationalizing. I did time in the Navy with extended time at sea. Ya don't get "sea legs" from being on a 1000', 110,000 GWT ship for a week....

Does cruising give all these people ear infections?

Advising the OP to go see a doctor probably won't help much, considering they made this post in 2011!!

Having said that, there is still some great advice on this thread for everyone to see.