Navy pier - anyone been there?

Bibble

I'm just wondering how long of a walk it is from the ship to where we can get a trolley or such? I GoogleMap'd it, and it "looks" like one looong walk. Any info on this pier would be appreciated!

The trollies and Conch Trains pick you up right there on the pier and transport you downtown for free. From there, you can buy tickets for the island tour.

Right where we get off the ship, or do we need to walk to the end of the pier first? Thanks for any info! I've been to Key West many times, but teh only time I came by ship, I was docked at the Westin. I'm neurotic about knowing where I'm going - LOL!

Right where we get off the ship, or do we need to walk to the end of the pier first? Thanks for any info! I've been to Key West many times, but teh only time I came by ship, I was docked at the Westin. I'm neurotic about knowing where I'm going - LOL!

No problem. I'm the same way.

Yes, the trollies will be right there at the ship. When you get off the ship, there will be a line right there for the trolley. Very little to no walking.

If you remember where you were in the past at the Westin....walk past the big red Customs house and out to the street near the Shipwreck Historium....that's where the trollies will drop you off downtown.

• 1 month later...
Also, are there taxis near the navy pier or can you only take a trolley to Duvall Street? How long would it be to walk from the end of the navy pier (after their shuttle) to town?

You will be transported via trolley or train from the navy pier (outer mole) the few hundred yards to Front St where the ticket booths are located for the trolley and conch train.

This is free but necessary because you are disembarking behind US military property and are not allowed to cross this short area on your on.

Mike:)

Is it a quick ride?

We are talking less than a half mile so yes it is very quick after you board the shuttle.

From this link you can see how close the three cruise ship docks are:

Mallory Square (pier A) The Westin Hotel (pier B) and the Outer Mole or Navy pier.

http://www.keywestcity.com/egov/apps/services/index.egov?path=details&action=i&id=86

MIke:)

Archived