Imagination or Sensation?

I have been on both vessels; but it has been many years. I will tell you that I met DH on the Sensation, so I'd say go there. It's the Love Boat, LOL! (and he's from Philly).

Have Fun whatever you choose. I cannot imagine ANY of Carnival's ships being in bad shape!

I sailed on Imagination last June. She is in great shape and you always saw the staff cleaning. The ship is a little smaller, but it was a great cruise, precisely why I'm cruising again!

No matter which you choose, I hope you have a great trip!

Looking for a cruise on either (wanted Pride, but too expensive :o)

We've been on the Sensation...is the Imagination in good shape? :)

Are there any differences?

The Imagination is a beautiful ship. The itineraries are ideal for a back to back seven day cruise. Although both ships are designed alike, I would pick the Imagination.

We were just on the Imagination in April. We LOVED it!!! (There's a trip report below.)

With that being said, we have also been on the Sensation and are booked for another on her, but my vote would go to the Imagination. Key West and Cozumel were great ports, too! I'm hoping we can go on her again in the future. Staff was amazing!

I just did Imagination again in Dec...and loved it.

Imagination is in super shape.

Cabins are like new, flat screen tvs

Food is great. They have a nice salad bar which means the buffet lines go smoother. Great sushi on Imagination also...the best I ever had on Carnival JMO

I was on Imagination and Sensation last year, both were the 3 night itineraries. The ships are nearly identical, with only interior decor differentiating the two. They are both in great shape, with excellent crews. Sensation has had the new balconies added, if you enjoy a room with a private balcony. To have one on Imagination, you will have to book a suite.

I think more local Miami cruisers on Imagination made for a little louder and rowdier crowd than those we cruised with on Sensation out of PC. No big deal, but worth mentioning.

So, looking at the same 3 night Nassau itinerary either way, I would pick Sensation. I just like cruising out of Port Canaveral better, but that's mostly because we drive there. Port Canaveral is very easy to drive into, whereas the Port of Miami is in the middle of downtown. If you are flying in, Miami might be the better option since its closer to the airport.

I sailed on both last year and thought both were the same except the Imagination's deco seemed a little more "fancier" as my daughter said. Crew on both were great. I am actually doing the 3 day to Nassau on the Imagination again in October with friends. I enjoyed both so I agree with the others. Go by itinerary and port that would be easier for you. Either ship will do you good!

Archived