River Cruise in Europe

dazadelaide

Has anyone cruised with Swan Hellenic on the Danube? Could you please provide a review on this, particularly on the cabin and the shore excursions and meals. My husband and I are thinking of doing a River cruise in 2012. We are casual and do not want to take a lot of dressy formal clothing. We like to have a good look at countries/cultures. Some advice and comparison between this and other cruise lines would be appreciated.:D

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Here is a link that will take you to member reviews that have been written about this river cruise line.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/swan-hellenic-cruises/cl/

Here is another link that takes you to an area on cruise critic with posts related to river cruising.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=191

Keith

While I've not done a river cruise with the group you mentioned, I have been on two Viking cruises. One through Europe (Grand European) and another in China. LOVE river cruises!

No kids, casual dress, yes you do dress nicer for dinner, excursions are included (in Europe could break away from the group, in China had to stay with the group). Food was wonderful (but we enjoy ethnic foods). Rooms were fine. Think of it as camping a big a$$ RV (cruise lines) and a pop up. If I can answer anything else, let me know.

Archived