Partitions on Aquaclass -Do they open?

Les57

Hi,

We are planning to travel on the Celebrity Equinox in August to the Mediteranean.

I have been getting mixed information from my TA. We are traveling with our Adult Children and we want rooms where can open the Partitions on the Veranda between the two adjacent rooms. We are looking at the Aquaclass rooms. We are being told that since the AQ rooms are not " connecting rooms" the verandas do not open. And she is recommending CC rooms that are connecting. I think she is wrong. Can any one confirm if the Partitions can be open between AQ rooms. We are thinking about 1564 and 1566, which are adjoining but not connecting.

Thanks for any help

As an update , or TA said its a new policy that Ceebrity started that unless they are " connecting rooms" they partitions will not be open.

Has anyone recently come off a cruise and can comment on that? Can you ask the steward to open it for you?

Tnx

Les

As an update , or TA said its a new policy that Ceebrity started that unless they are " connecting rooms" they partitions will not be open.

Has anyone recently come off a cruise and can comment on that? Can you ask the steward to open it for you?

Tnx

Les

Hopefully the TA had erroneous information. That really does not make sense; whether a stateroom is connecting really makes no difference in terms of whether or not the balcony partition can be opened on two side-by-side rooms. My guess it this information is not correct, but I am just going by common sense, not any hard facts.

Balcony partitions can indeed be opened on AQ class, just ask your room steward to open them for you.

I don't believe ANY AQ class staterooms are connecting.. someone please correct me if I am wrong... but bottom line, connecting or not, this has no impact on whether or not you can have your balcony partitions opened if both parties are willing.

I recently traveled on Solstice in March, we had rooms 1547/1549 and enjoyed having our partition open.. it really is a nice way to enjoy your balconies.

Hope this helps! :)

Hi,

We are planning to travel on the Celebrity Equinox in August to the Mediteranean.

I have been getting mixed information from my TA. We are traveling with our Adult Children and we want rooms where can open the Partitions on the Veranda between the two adjacent rooms. We are looking at the Aquaclass rooms. We are being told that since the AQ rooms are not " connecting rooms" the verandas do not open. And she is recommending CC rooms that are connecting. I think she is wrong. Can any one confirm if the Partitions can be open between AQ rooms. We are thinking about 1564 and 1566, which are adjoining but not connecting.

Thanks for any help

First off, you can open all cabin balcony partitions, with one caveat.

Here's a photo of AQ stateroom 1606 that we stayed in. Note the partition to the right (cabin 1608). There's a support beam between the two staterooms. Although the partition will open in this case, you have to step over this support beam to get onto the other balcony. The partition to the left will open and you can easily walk back and forth -- no stepping over. That would be stateroom 1604.

AQ staterooms forward of the hump, this support beam comes down on Deck 10, every other stateroom cabin, to support the pool deck, Deck 12.

AQ staterooms aft of the hump, this support beam comes down on Deck 11, the AQ cabins, every other stateroom, to support the buffet area above (Deck 14). Just about all cabins are affected -- you will either have the support beam as you walk out onto your balcony on the right, or on the left. So you could get two connecting cabin balconies where one beam is on the left, and the other where the beam is on the right. Those two staterooms would have a walk thru partition.

How to tell one from the other, you really have to get a copy of the deck plans and look at the outside pictures of the ship, and start counting. :eek:

If you book AQ staterooms forward of the hump, you shouldn't have any problems.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=139&pos=20

Wino-O,

Thank you for the picture.

I know this does not make sense but I called Celebrity and another TA company and they said the samething. ' There is a new Policy that Partitions regardless of Aqua or any other level not be opened on the S class ships unless its connecting. I know its crazy and makes no sense.

Has anyone just come off one?

Les

It's not quite true that you can open all balcony partitions. You cannot open any balcony partitions on M-class ships.

You are absolutely correct, but note that the OP was talking about Equinox and AQ staterooms.

To the OP -- those two staterooms will have no problem connecting the balconies.

Wino-O,

Thank you for the picture.

I know this does not make sense but I called Celebrity and another TA company and they said the samething. ' There is a new Policy that Partitions regardless of Aqua or any other level not be opened on the S class ships unless its connecting. I know its crazy and makes no sense.

Has anyone just come off one?

Les

I see what you are saying. Did you ask if this was a new policy? Maybe they have had some problems and discontinued the policy of opening them up for non-connecting staterooms, but I've not read any such thing on this board.

We're going on Eclipse this October and we have 6 stateroom cabins in a row, 4 of which are on the angle, and we plan on opening them up to create one great big balcony.

Wer called again and got another TA that said that on Cruises to Eruope they will not allow the Parttions to be open unless the rooms are connecting, but none of the rooms in Aquaclass are connecting. It just makes no sense. We wne ahead and booked 1564 and 1566 and I guess will have to take our chances.

Anybody ?

Archived