Future cruise certificate ? (tried searching)

If I booked a cruise and had to pay it off completely at the time of booking and then sent in an FCC...

How long would it take to get the $100 back?

well, what do you mean "get $100 back?" another poster stated that you will just get OBC

If I booked a cruise and had to pay it off completely at the time of booking and then sent in an FCC...

They offered me a extra $100 OBC, I opted to take it as a refund to my credit card, but my booking turns out to have been locked (close to departure date).

I didnt get it back until I followed up AFTER the cruise.

This was a last minute booking 8 days before the cruise.

You will get OBC

actually the OP has the choice, or someone will make it for the OP, but she can get it refunded to her cc.

I choose to get it refunded to my card. Its not obligatory to take the extra $100 as OBC, its a choice.

They offered me a extra $100 OBC, I opted to take it as a refund to my credit card, but my booking turns out to have been locked (close to departure date).

I didnt get it back until I followed up AFTER the cruise.

This was a last minute booking 8 days before the cruise.

Do you know if the OBC was definitely going to be available on that sailing? I would assume it would have to be...but what do I know, lol.

Point is, I don't really care how I get the $100, as long as I get it before the cruise or to use on the cruise. :D

Do you know if the OBC was definitely going to be available on that sailing? I would assume it would have to be...but what do I know, lol.

Point is, I don't really care how I get the $100, as long as I get it before the cruise or to use on the cruise. :D

I didnt get my $100 until after the cruise as I said .. so it depends on how close the cruise date is.

I kept hearing dont worry it would be refunded and luckily I looked at my credit card statement after the cruise .. and not there... so I followed up. My PVP said the $100 would have been found eventually.

If I had opted for extra OBC (I already had more than enough on the particular cruise) .. I could have gotten the $100 OBC plus another $100 OBC for the cost and had a whole $200 OBC to use on the cruise.

We booked a 5 day cruise leaving on June 25th two weeks ago. We used our future cruise certificate. Because the payment was already due, we couldn't apply it towards the deposit. But my husband DID confirm with Carnival that we mail in the certificate with the booking number and they would refund a $100 to his card plus give us $50 on board credit because it was only a 5 day cruise. 7 days it would have been $100. We as of yet have not received the $100 refunded and not worried if we don't get it before the cruise as long as the OBC is on our sail and sign cards. It does state to bring the certificate copy with you to the embarkation which I will do incase they don't get the OBC on my card.

We booked a 5 day cruise leaving on June 25th two weeks ago. We used our future cruise certificate. Because the payment was already due, we couldn't apply it towards the deposit. But my husband DID confirm with Carnival that we mail in the certificate with the booking number and they would refund a $100 to his card plus give us $50 on board credit because it was only a 5 day cruise. 7 days it would have been $100. We as of yet have not received the $100 refunded and not worried if we don't get it before the cruise as long as the OBC is on our sail and sign cards. It does state to bring the certificate copy with you to the embarkation which I will do incase they don't get the OBC on my card.

I didn't get a physical certificate, I bought one on the phone so I only got a number. :confused:

I booked a cruise the end of April for June 5 sailing. I had to pay the full price when I booked. They told me to mail my FCC in. When they recieved my FCC they credited my credit card with $100. When I checked my billing on the Carnival site it also shows $100 OBC. It happened in about a week to 10 days after I mailed it registered/return receipt. BTW it is a 7 day cruise.

We bought a FCC while we were on the Dream in Jan. About 2 weeks after we decided to do a 4 day Sensation in Feb. Because of the kinda last minute booking of course we paid in full...the $100 from the FCC was credited back to my credit card and the $50 OBC was credited to our S&S.

Archived