Any great beverages you bring and rehydrate?

vizzle

I am not even sure how this would go, but do you bring any great powdererd beverage that you rehydrate on board?

Is this even reasonable? If so how do you keep it cold?

Any great ideas? What are the good mixers you can do this with? The only thing I can think of is crystal light Cranberry.

Thanks for the ideas!

Why do you need to bring something to rehydrate??

If I go out into the sun for a while, I go first to Lido deck and grab a glass of lemonaide.. very refreshing.. drink two glasses if you are really dry. Some prefer the ice tea. There are free drinks available, so not sure why you want to bring a powder drink.

Nothing rehydrates you better than plain ole water. If you don't want to pay the price for bottled water on board - you are allowed to bring your own case. I frankly, do not want to mess with carrying on a case, so I do pay for the large Evian every morning in my room. I slug it down while dressing, therefore I know I am ready for the rest of the day. Full of sun, salt (whether it be from the ocean or my food) and frosty beverage! Definitely helps with that pesky hangover syndrome. hahaha.

Walmart has their own 'Great Value' line of powdered drinks to compete with Crystal Lite. When visiting the US last month I picked up a pack of these that were 'Lime Margarita' flavour.

I am not even sure how this would go, but do you bring any great powdererd beverage that you rehydrate on board?

Any great ideas? What are the good mixers you can do this with? The only thing I can think of is crystal light Cranberry.

Thanks for the ideas!

Yup! we bring the individual pkts of Crystal Lite.

free-crystal-light-on-the-go.jpg

Wish there was a packet of Bloody Mary mix. I am ordering a bottle of vodka for the room and I'd love just to bring some packets for Bloody Marys, Dirty Martinis, Cosmos. I hate carting lugging on board the mixers. Last year I ordered mixers through BV but love to be able to carry packets around.

Love these and they come in sugar free also.

yeah i accidentally picked a photo of their teas. I drink their sugar free flavours. They're so potent though, that i end up using nearly double the water. Except for when i make popcicles out of them (at home) in which i'll use it full strength.

Nothing rehydrates you better than plain ole water. If you don't want to pay the price for bottled water on board - you are allowed to bring your own case. I frankly, do not want to mess with carrying on a case, so I do pay for the large Evian every morning in my room. I slug it down while dressing, therefore I know I am ready for the rest of the day. Full of sun, salt (whether it be from the ocean or my food) and frosty beverage! Definitely helps with that pesky hangover syndrome. hahaha.

Wonder how much they are charging now for that big bottle of Evian?

I do the crystal light lemonade (or store brand equivalent) since they are sugar free (compared to the Lido deck lemonade which is not). I just fill up my big water bottle with ice and water and pour one of them in.

Thanks for the ideas!

bahabob.com sugar free marguarita mixes (regular and mango)in singles.

I am an advocare rep. We have a product ( sold in pounches) called rehydrate that is awesome! ( great for mornings after drinking too) and another product called Spark. I'll be taking the spark as it is also a reenergize option with vitamins, etc.

I drink the 4C brand Totally Light Tea2Go all the time at home that comes in the little packets. My favorite flavor is Red Tea Peach and Raspberry Tea. I like it better than the Crystal Light stuff as it has sucralose in it instead of aspertaine. I took some of the packets on the cruise with me but didn't drink any. Just drank the ice water from the Lido along with the Lemonade and Iced Tea.

I brought bottled water onboard and reused the bottles to mix drinks. I also carried a small collapsible cooler and the steward kept it filled with ice for our mixed drinks. Order orange and tomato juice from room service in the mornings and pour into the bottles to keep juice on hand during the day.

I really like the Mio water flavor thingies.

I've ordered the powdered margarita mixes thru baja bob's dot com. The singles were sold out, so got the 1/2 gallon packets.

Will divide the packet and mix it in a empty 32 oz. rumrunner. :D Baja Bob's tastes pretty good. I'll order a bottle of Tequila through BV.

Wish there was a packet of Bloody Mary mix. I am ordering a bottle of vodka for the room and I'd love just to bring some packets for Bloody Marys, Dirty Martinis, Cosmos. I hate carting lugging on board the mixers. Last year I ordered mixers through BV but love to be able to carry packets around.

I didn't know mixers were available through BV. :confused: What mixers are available?

Are they priced reasonably? Would you happen to have a list?

Thanks

I bought a bottle of the new MIA drink mix yesterday at Walmart. It was $3.50 and located next to the Crystal Lite. They had several different flavors including a few flavors of tea, fruit punch, berry, lemonaide and a few others that I can't remember off hand. I have not tried it yet but love the idea that it is so small that it fits in the palm of your hand. It will be pretty nifty to travel with.

Here is a link for anyone that is not familiar with it.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/food/2011-02-22-watertweaks22_ST_N.htm

I didn't know mixers were available through BV. :confused: What mixers are available?

Are they priced reasonably? Would you happen to have a list?

Thanks

I ordered bloody mary mixer (Mrs. T's?) and tonic last year for our cruise on the Legend. I remember it being $1.75 a piece. Just ask BV what mixers they offer.

I am going to order the Grey Goose this time around instead of the Skyy. I might just have to add a tequila if I can get my hands on that margarita mix that you are talking about. We have 4 days at sea so I might need two bottles of liquor this time around.

Archived