Lamb Chops

Sad new. :(:(:(:(

The Double Cut Lamb Chops that some of us have grown to love in Le Bistro and Cagney's are a thing of the past. NCL has changed the specs for this dish fleet wide. They still serve a lamb chop, but it is not the double cut "lollipop" style cut from the rack. Some of this change has to do with market wide lamb shortage caused by the flooding in New Zealand.

I discovered this while we were on the Spirit a couple of weeks ago. I thought maybe this was a Spirit only issue but just now found out it is a fleet wide thing.

Hopefully this is a short term change.

PE

Bummer. My favorite meal on NCL.

Al

According to Hugo the cut thickness is dependent on the Chef's orders to the butcher. What we had on the Spirit were only about 1/2" thick with three pieces. He says they have 1" thick cuts on the Jewel. So, maybe all is not lost because it is still a chop including the tenderloin side of the cut. When we get to the Pearl I will ask the specific question and see if thicker cuts can be ordered.

PE

I loved that lamb in Le Bistro. I have the restaurant booked twice for my forthcoming Epic cruise and already knew I would choose filet mignon one night and lamb on the other. Going to have to find something new...

Archived