How to organise early transfer/taxi to Airport?

Hi, unfortunately we have a 7am flight home so we will have to leave the ship at some unearthly hour.

I have read that it costs $15 to have the ship book a taxi, I was wondering how anyone else organised their own transfer/ taxi booking

if they had to leave so early. As I imagine that there will not be any taxis hanging around at 4am ish.

:(

Myself, I would just swallow the $15 and get the ship to book.

But, if you are determined, if you are taking a cab to the ship before the cruise, perhaps you could pre-arrange a pick-up with the cabbie? Not sure how dependable that would be, at that hour.

You won't be alone! On our recent cruises, many folks (especially from NZ and Australia) had to leave the ship very early to catch flights. Here's what the PG disembarkation sheet says about taxis:

A $15 communication fee will be applied to your shipboard account for taxi reservation. Please note that taxis are rarely available and cannot access the ship berth unless reserved ahead. Approximate cost to the International Airport is $25-$30 per car to be paid directly to the driver. Taxis can usually accommodate 2-6 guests.

I agree with Wendy. Pay the $15 and get PG to arrange a pick-up. You could try to round up some fellow cruisers who also need to travel to the airport early and split the taxi cost with them.

Archived