Captain Larry AND Mendenhall?

brandnewcruiser

We will be on NCL Spirit in June and posted times for Juneau are 7am until 2pm. we are booked for a 9:00 whale watch trip which last 3.5 hours. Will there be time to make a quick trip to Mendenhall Glacier before we have to be back at the ship? Can it be done in about 1 hour??

Call Captain Larry and tell him that you want to combine the Mendenhall Glacier with your whale watching excursion. They will know if you have enough time for both and they can arrange both for you. They are extremely helpful and they are very aware of ship times and will not schedule something that will not work.

I agree with the above poster. It is possible that you can take a shuttle out to Mendenhall and Capt Larry's people can pick you up at Mendenhall before whale watching or you can take a taxi from Mendenhall to Auke Bay and meet up with Capt Larry there. The two are pretty close to each other. It would be too tight for me to do it after whale watching.

Coordinate with Carole in Capt Larry's office - she and the others in the office are very helpful.

I E- mailed Capt. Larry with a similar question. We arrive in Juneau at 12 Noon. There is a tour going out at 3:30 so we would have to go to the glacier first. He said if they have at least 6 people, they would pick us up at the glacier otherwise we would have plenty of time to get back to town where the pickup is.

You don't have time after, but as mentioned, see if a pick up is possible before your tour? I would also inquire from MGT, what time their Mendenhall shuttles start? It may not be possible but if a priority make the contacts. For clairfication, you will get a drive by view on your shuttle and view from the boat, going out and coming back in of Mendenhall Glacier. For a first time visitor, there is plenty downtown too. :)

Archived