Premium Beverage Drinks Package Increase

Maz_1

Hi All,

Glad I booked the Premium drinks package last weekend. Just checked on Celebrity website & it has increased by £50 per person, taking it to £462 after adding on the 15% tax. Quite a large increase I think. :eek:

Hi All,

Glad I booked the Premium drinks package last weekend. Just checked on Celebrity website & it has increased by £50 per person, taking it to £462 after adding on the 15% tax. Quite a large increase I think. :eek:

Hi,

It would cost me around £1078 for 2 premium packages for 14 day cruise. Previously it would have costed me £978 - a 10% increase.

The %age increase for other packages are even more!!

I had already decided to get the package - we'll pay as we go. We have got a Stateroom bar set up which despite being £49 will help save cost on pre dinner drinks.

Jim

Hi All,

I booked the Classic Package a couple of days ago and note that it has now gone up to £878.41 for two persons for fourteen days from £766.04 an increase of over 14%. Am pleased that I've booked it now.

Hi All,

There has been a thread here discussing the price increase since Celebrity announced it on the 13th. This is not news.

Still, it doesn't hurt to reiterate our dissatisfaction with Celebrity. Maybe they read these threads, maybe not.

To me, I have no problem with a price increase - that's life. But I am irritated that Celebrity has made statements (paraphrased) attempting to justify the increases by saying that they will be small increases necessary because they wanted to add canned-soda to the packages.

The increase was not small at all, at least to a poor guy like me, and there is no way a 10%-15% increase was just for adding canned soda-pop.

And people have accused me of being a Celebrity cheerleader in the past. :D

I Know the news regarding the increase was posted on the 13th, that's why I purchased the drinks package before the increase. I am just happy that I saved £100 pounds. Personally I think that it is quite a large increase. We decided to go with the drinks package for convenience & so we don't have to worry about how much everything costs. Whether it will be worth it to us, we will see at the end of our holiday. But whether we would have purchased it at the new price, I don't know:confused:

What is the premium alcohol increase in dollars? I think we paid $54 (just a guess) this past Jan. on he Eclipse. We are going on the Milly in Dec. so might pay as we go this time.

Hi,

My DH seems to think it is an increase of about $80 per person:eek:

What is the premium alcohol increase in dollars? I think we paid $54 (just a guess) this past Jan. on he Eclipse. We are going on the Milly in Dec. so might pay as we go this time.

Premium Currently $49 Increase to $54

A $5 increase per day. That's about the cost of a single drink?

Still, it doesn't hurt to reiterate our dissatisfaction with Celebrity. Maybe they read these threads, maybe not.

To me, I have no problem with a price increase - that's life. But I am irritated that Celebrity has made statements (paraphrased) attempting to justify the increases by saying that they will be small increases necessary because they wanted to add canned-soda to the packages.

The increase was not small at all, at least to a poor guy like me, and there is no way a 10%-15% increase was just for adding canned soda-pop.

I hate to break the news to you, but a 10% increase on the soda package would make it $5.50/day. A 40% increase makes it $7 a day. Actually, the previous price, with tip came to $5.75 a day, it now comes to $8.05 a day.

Glad I bought mine on Friday. :D

The other thing to think about is that =X= was priced much lower than RCI; guess they are catching up...and passing them by.

I hate to break the news to you, but a 10% increase on the soda package would make it $5.50/day. A 40% increase makes it $7 a day. Actually, the previous price, with tip came to $5.75 a day, it now comes to $8.05 a day.

The other thing to think about is that =X= was priced much lower than RCI; guess they are catching up...and passing them by.

Honestly, I didn't even look at the soda package. The Classic and Premium packages are up by about 12%-15%. I am also glad I bought mine early - although it sucks for future cruises...

When I called about making an indication on our reservation for 2013 I was told the increase came to $80.50 so right on the money. Some folks forget to add in the 15% gratuity.

Still a good deal for us since we do like those specialty drinks, coffees and will try lots of wines.

Pat C

While this topic may have been discussed previously, everyone needs to know that there is still a problem with Celebrity's booking system for these packages. Irregardless of that fact, it's not necessary to point out that it's not "news". There's probably thousands of threads on dress codes, etc. as an example. This is a forum for helpful information and everyone is certainly entitled to use it as such.

Last December I purchased two premium alcohol packages for $788.90.

I think there is still a glitch in the computer system, because Celebrity says the package price is $378pp before tip, but when you select it, it shows the list price as $434.70 which would be the $378 plus 15% tip ($56.70), and then adds on another $56.70 (a double tip) for a total of $491.00, making two packages cost $982.80! :eek: That's an increase of $193.90. It SHOULD total $869.40 or a difference of $80.50. The reason I figured that out is if the "list" price of $434.70 was correct, then 15% tip on top of that would be $65.20 making a total of $499.90 or $999.81 for two.

I remember reading on one of the other threads that someone else had this issue. Just be aware that this may happen if you try to purchase the packages and make sure it is adding up correctly.

...and that's what I did after reading the news on the board.

Thanks again to the Cruise Critic members!

Think it is pretty cool that they added the canned sodas to the package in addition to their soda fountain stuff! Did not consider the package before, but now... pruchased it for the "old" price on firday! Perfect!

Archived