Blue Man...huh?

Gr8Mariner

I thoroughly enjoyed the show.... sure it was different but I liked it, was annoyed i didnt get to go twice! We were the 'late comers" it was good fun.

The ventriloquist however... lets just say I was close to walking out

Loved them. Have seem them in Vegas twice plus their "Rock Star" tour. Like any type of entertainment, it's not for everyone. I've walked out of several of several more typical ship shows with dancers, etc.

Am I the only one who walked out? I like strange stuff...but not boring strange stuff.

Is it me?

Yep, It's you. Blue Man Group is on of the most successfull, popular stage acts in the world.

Am I the only one who walked out? I like strange stuff...but not boring strange stuff.

Is it me?

Yep, It's you. Blue Man Group is one of the most popular and successful stage shows in history

We saw it years ago when it started out doing city tours and liked it then saw it on the ship and enjoyed it again but I wouldn't pay to see it. I think seeing it every ten years would be fine.

I do think that its a great show for the kids to enjoy instead of all the adult stuff their forced to go to.

Having never seen them, I just googled.

They had a "routine" with pipes...it was pretty cool! I wouldn't mind seeing them some time in person.

Why would you answer thread if you've "never seen them"?

Why would you answer thread if you've "never seen them"?

Probably out of curiousity. Blue Man Group is a pretty out-there name for a pretty out-there group.

I saw them in Vegas and loved them. Of course, I'm a big fan of percussion ensembles. But I also liked their "off-beat" sense of humor! :)

Sorry for answering.

sheesh, a little touchy, are we?

And, besides, the subejct was Blue Man Group. So..I saw it on Youtube and commented.

big deal. You're not the OP, so why would YOU comment on MY post?

You were even snippy to Gr8Mariner. :rolleyes:

I walked out, too. I saw them in Vegas 4 years ago at my company's management seminar, and they redid some things so that it was specific to my company. I didn't care for it then, but it had been a LONG week, I was exhausted and crabby, so I decided to give it another chance on Epic. Yep, I had the same opinion. I walked out, too.

We would have left also if we weren't there with other people. Thought the band was better than the actual show. We are mid 40s and just didn't see the overwhelming appeal but then again we love Cirque style shows and Second City while others don't.

That's the beauty of seeing them on a cruise ship. I was intersted due to their popularity but glad we didn't have to pay the $ you'd pay to see them in Vegas.

Blue Man is a permanent show in Boston. I've gone to the playhouse to see them several times over the years. I really enjoy it, but I do think the first 10-15 minutes is long and not always funny:rolleyes:.

But then it gets very entertaining! Its understandable why some people may leave after the first few minutes, if they zone out and get annoyed.

But if you get into a state of boredom, it may be hard to get out of. Even with the loud rhythmic music, black lights and splashing "paint", etc!! Like everyone said, not for all. But millions love it and that's why it stays around so many years. Do they have the huge rolls of TP/streamers that comes down at the end? That's the wildest part of the show.

I've heard the show on the ship is very similar if not the same as the land based venues.

Just shows what an interesting world we live in--I can't begin to imagine anyone walking out of this show or not thinking it is absolutely hysterical and wonderful. But I am from the Boston area also, have seen it many times (and always paid top dollar--generally around $90 a ticket). So perhaps is the show ont he EPIC different--I was under the impression it was the same (well not exact) show.

Just shows what an interesting world we live in--I can't begin to imagine anyone walking out of this show or not thinking it is absolutely hysterical and wonderful. But I am from the Boston area also, have seen it many times (and always paid top dollar--generally around $90 a ticket). So perhaps is the show ont he EPIC different--I was under the impression it was the same (well not exact) show.

It's the same show they do in Vegas, so I would think it's the same everywhere. I didn't think it was funny at all, and I was rather bored. However, given the popularity of the show, I'm apparently in the minority.

I'm glad I haven't had to pay either time I saw it. When I sail the Epic again, I will most definitely be skipping it.

Archived