Just One Measly Little Cookie

We disembarked the Maasdam on Saturday May 21, in Quebec City following our scheduled B2B Montreal /Boston cruise which began May 7.

It was a bit of a shock to arrive at the pier in Montreal just over 2 weeks ago to see that the Maasdam was actually in Quebec City.

Copious amonts of bottled water, oatmeal cookies, apples, chocolate bars, and bags of almonds and chips were installed onto our bus at 11AM, which would then deliver us to the Maasdam in Quebec City, probably enough snacks it seemed,to supply a few buses with these provisions and nutrients to prevent possible starvation, and to last us until our Mariners' Welcome Brunch. The Brunch was delayed until Tuesday and rest assured that we did not go hungry throughout the entire cruise.

This was our 2nd time aboard the Maasdam, and our 20th cruise overall.

It remains the best ship on which we have ever travelled and its personnel and crew are exemplary.

We were expedited along with 60 other passengers to disembark the Maasdam in Quebec City at 4:15AM on the 21st. The Lido had been open for very early breakfast and room service was available.

Upon climbing aboard the bus at 5AM, I noticed that the cupboard was bare. No matter how much foraging was undertaken, the chances of finding even a pretzel tucked in between the seats was a very slim prospect with no chance of success.

Arriving at the Montreal cruise terminal 3 hours later, I noticed the HAL folks busily getting together large amounts of similar provisions for the next bus-loads of Maasdam passengers who would now follow in our footsteps.

" May I please have a cookie ?" I pleadfully inquired in the best imitation of Oliver Twist that I could conjur at that moment.

" Oh, we're sorry. These are not for you. This is for the Maasdam Passengers.

Alas,so much for trying to get one measly cookie.

sorry that they wouldn't give you even a cookie crumb

are you going to write a review?

Not unless they show up at my house with some of that delicious oatmeal I enjoyed every breakfast in the Rotterdam Dining Room.

sorry that they wouldn't give you even a cookie crumb

are you going to write a review?

Krazy Kruizers

I have submitted my review to the Review Site. It has to be read first , and then if approved it will be published.

We also had a wonderful time on the Maasdam on her first trip out of drydock. Our time on her went way too fast. We packed alot of fun things into our trip and learned alot of good ideas from our roll call.

Coming from the middle of the U.S., our airfare was very expensive. But not much can be done about it. We finally found cheaper air at a hub 200 miles away and as we had relative there, that helped.

Our weather on our trip was cool but were prepared for it with gloves, warm jackets and stocking caps and we needed them a few times. Only 2 days we had rain. One in Baie Comeau where we had rented a car with Discount. Only problem there is not much English was spoken at Discount and did create a few problems but all worked out fine. In Quebec City, we had no plans for the day. Ended up taking a wonderful 4 hr. tour with a lady named Suzanne and her taxi. She was outside of the terminal and asked if we would like a tour. We had a wonderful tour with her. She was a church member of St. Anne's Basillica (I believe that is the name) and gave us alot of information there, too. Was a great day in the rain. She even provided umbrella for us to use at the falls of C.

The ship we loved. It was dirty coming out of drydock and we expected that but all the work by the staff had her looking great by the end of the cruise.

All the food everywhere was excellent. We could't get enough pictures taken of all the beautiful platings we had in the MDR. Staff there were excellent. Ate one night at the Pinacle Grill and great food there too. Husband's steak fillet was so tender he could cut it with a butter knife he said.

We would love to sail the Maasdam again. This trip had wonderful ports, staterooms were beautiful, beds great, entertainment great, food wonderful and what more could you ask for.

In PEI, coming under the Confederation Bridge, we were under the captain's bridge, in the front by the flag, and looked back and got a wonderful picture of Captain Hank waving at us from his bridge. Lots of good memories. Our Cruise director, Gavin Murray, was great, too. He got a big hug from me at the end. Loved the Scottish kilts he wore at the shows!!

You'll have a great time on a great ship. We liked the size of it. So easy to get around to see everything. We were on the main deck, nice and low, in an oceanview. Didn't have any movement there. Probably couldn't have used a balcony much with colder days.

On our last day in Quebec City, we were served breakfast in the Lido, before we got on the buses for Montreal. We left at 5:30 a.m. So tired, we just took a nap on the bus!

Did see water and snacks lined up by the terminal outside for the returning passengers. We didn't receive anthing either but couldn't complain with having breakfast. I did take a water bottle with me though.

Archived