Where does luggage go?

lstewart123

I know this might be a dumb question, but we've never cruised before, and I wondered if Seabourn has a place to store one's luggage after it's been unpacked. I'm trying to determine if I need to be mindful of the type of bag I pack or whether I can bring my big obnoxious suitcase & not have to see it again until the end of the week. We'll be sailing on the Quest in September.

Often, you just can put your empty luggage under the bed. Given the airline rules I wouldn't recommend taking a bag and larger than 28" and you can fit that under the bed as you can other sizes smaller than that. You can also put it in the closet if you would like.

Keith

By the way, how large is your luggage? Again, if it is too large and you try to fill it you will likely go over the 50 pound limit that most airlines have before a fee or additional fees kick in.

Keith

I don't know the exact dimensions, it's just the large size zippered suitcase, and it usually weighs in just under (barely) 50 pounds once packed. It's just bulky, though, and I envision these cabins being really small, and I don't want to have it taking up valuable space all week. I guess I could bring two big duffles and roll them up to store. Or I could try to control myself and not bring 50 pairs of shoes. Maybe I'll call Seabourn & try to get some more info.

I don't know the exact dimensions, it's just the large size zippered suitcase, and it usually weighs in just under (barely) 50 pounds once packed. It's just bulky, though, and I envision these cabins being really small, and I don't want to have it taking up valuable space all week. I guess I could bring two big duffles and roll them up to store. Or I could try to control myself and not bring 50 pairs of shoes. Maybe I'll call Seabourn & try to get some more info.

If it is 28" in length (you can easily measure it) it should fit under the bed. You can place it under the bed or in the closet. Worst case ask that they store it for you.

If you have 50 pairs of shoes then you may need another suitcase unless that is all you are taking with you. But 50 pairs will weigh more than 50 lbs. :eek::D

Keith

We use "normal" size suitcases - 25" and rollaboards. They have always placed them under the bed and, cruelly, pull them out the night before departure so we can pack them again. If your 28" is of average thickness that is where it will go.

If you have never checked under your bed during the cruise, do so. That's where they are.

I don't know the exact dimensions, it's just the large size zippered suitcase, and it usually weighs in just under (barely) 50 pounds once packed. It's just bulky, though, and I envision these cabins being really small, and I don't want to have it taking up valuable space all week. I guess I could bring two big duffles and roll them up to store. Or I could try to control myself and not bring 50 pairs of shoes.

I have used the luggage that you describe..and it does fit under the bed...one of you holds the bed up a few inches..while the other shoved it under..not a problem.

Often we do the same holding the beds up. We had no problem on Seabourn but held the bed up on Silversea and on Crystal we just had to maneuver the luggage a little because of the bars that are underneath the bed. It's really the least of the worries and once you are on any of these ships "life is good".

Keith

If you are sailing on the Pride, Spirit or Legend, there are a total of 20 cabins located on Decks 4, 5 & 6 that can be converted into 10 double suites and they are identified on the deck plans with arrows. One suite of each pair has a black dot after the cabin number on the deck plans indicating a queen size bed only (no twin option) and most of these suites also have a shower only.

The queen size bed is, in fact, a Murphy Bed with a real queen size mattress (not twins configured side-by-side) that folds down from the wall. If you are booked into one of these suites, the bed will be down the entire cruise. These beds are very low and you cannot fit a standard size suitcase under them (I was able to store my luggage in the hold during these cruises). I was easily able to slide my laptop bag and small tote but barely got my 9 inch high 22 inch rollaboard underneath the bed.

Archived