I'd like to get some feedback on a few excursions (St. Thomas, Samana, and San Juan)

OnTheJourney

Hi,

We're doing the 9-day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Enchantment. I'd like some opinions on these excursions:

St. Thomas - "St. Thomas Panoramic Drive" (2 hrs) and "The Best of St. Thomas" (3 hrs.). We've never been there before and so we thought one of these might provide a bit of overview of the area. We enjoy car/bus sightseeing and so figure one of these might be worth it (?)

San Juan - "Old and New San Juan City Tour" (2 hours, 30 minutes). Again - just to see what there is to see. Is this tour any good?

Samana - "Cave, Mangrove Exploration and Beach Escape" - I've heard that the Los Haitises National Park is well worth it, and then hopefully Cayo Levantado - the second part of the excursion - might offer some decent snorkeling or at least be a nice place to swim.

Thanks for any suggestions or thoughts.

Did you also post on each island's individual board? You will probably not get a lot of responses here since each of your ports has it's own board.

That being said the San Juan and St Thomas tours are "bus" tours which you have probably figured out .. Best of St Thomas would be my pick.. Does the San Juan tour go to both forts, Bacardi factory etc.? "New" part of San Juan is just hotels on the beach.

• 2 weeks later...

In Samana, try seeing Playa Rincon thru Casa Dorado. It's the best excursion we've been on, and we've been on a few. Do a search on the Dominican Republic board. Try it, don't worry about only booking ship's excursions - been doing excursions on our own for 15 years and never missed the ship!!

Archived