A Customized Door Sign, Spirited Away

My mother and I just got back from a B2B on the Freedom, and she thought it would be fun to make customized door magnets with our names on them to stick to our cabin doors. We applied them first day of the first week, right before we left for dinner, and when we returned, hers had been stolen. Mine remained. Anybody else been visited by the magnet fairy/had episodes of people who don't want others to have fun? Just wondering.

Same here. Ours was up for two days before it disappeared. It had our CC name and first names on it. Why would anyone want it?

Is your wife's name Linda? My mom's is Linda, and I am beginning to think we met the same bandit! But if yours had a specific username on it... hmm some people are so frustrating! Like you said, why would anyone want it?

Sadly, I think that DH and I may hold the time record for having a door magnet stolen. :rolleyes:

We were on an RC "members cruise" on Jewel of the Seas, back in 2006, and C&A gave us a really neat commemorative door magnet. When we returned to our cabin after the muster drill, our magnet had disappeared -- and we hadn't even set sail yet! :mad:

Fortunately for us, our room steward had an extra magnet -- but that one never saw the outside of our cabin! What we learned from that cruise is to never put anything you value on your cabin door. :(

Sadly, I think that DH and I may hold the time record for having a door magnet stolen. :rolleyes:

We were on an RC "members cruise" on Jewel of the Seas, back in 2006, and C&A gave us a really neat commemorative door magnet. When we returned to our cabin after the muster drill, our magnet had disappeared -- and we hadn't even set sail yet! :mad:

Fortunately for us, our room steward had an extra magnet -- but that one never saw the outside of our cabin! What we learned from that cruise is to never put anything you value on your cabin door. :(

Oh no, see, it's people like that who ruin the fun for everyone else. Like my mom said, "The magnet wasn't expensive, it's just the principle of the matter."

Ugh, can't these people all go bother each other!? :rolleyes:

Hi - We have used several variations of door decorations and never had anything stolen. They have been rearranged a few times, but not taken. I mainly use a formal picture of DH and I that I have scrapbooked, with cut-outs and embellishments, with our real names and cruise critic names. Maybe nobody wanted our picture:rolleyes:

Margee

Hi - We have used several variations of door decorations and never had anything stolen. They have been rearranged a few times, but not taken. I mainly use a formal picture of DH and I that I have scrapbooked, with cut-outs and embellishments, with our real names and cruise critic names. Maybe nobody wanted our picture:rolleyes:

Margee

I probably wouldn't mind them being rearranged, or even moved to someone else's door as a prank. Mine disappeared entirely. Clearly someone knew a Linda who they thought would appreciate my sign more than me.

I think we'll have to try more personalization next time. I'll probably put our room numbers and stuff on the sign.

Mom of Partygirl09 :)

Have cruised with the grandkids several times over St. Patricks Day. They really enjoy decorating the door with stuff we pick up at the 99 cent store. Last trip we had tons of stuff because we figured there may need to be some replacements done. Guess what? No one wanted our 99 cent store stuff so we have a bunch for next years trip:D

Sadly, this is very common on all the ship. Children mostly wih nothing to do by create trouble. I have had one on a Spring Break who was busted for it by the cameras. He and his family were given a "free permanent" port call in Cozumel the third day. This was NOT the only trouble he had cause along with his brother. :rolleyes:

We had the opposite- on a great cruise, with an amazing bunch from CC, our door sign has stickers added to it after each port- wonderful little things like bears, and fish and other creatures that represented the wildlife of Alaska.

Sorry to hear that you were visited by door bandits instead.:(

We had an interior cabin on a weird little "extra hallway" on the Vision - picture the long hallways that run down each side of the ship, with balcony cabins on one side and interior cabins on the other. Well, this hallway made it possible to put another row of interior cabins between the "standard" two rows.

Anyway, the point is - we were off the beaten track. Anyone using the regular hallways to get from one end of the ship to the other would not have gone past our door.

We had magnets stolen off our door! Nothing personalized or special - I think they were flip-flops or something like that; I think we got them as gifts from someone at our meet & mingle.

On the plus side, my son came back to our cabin one day and found a bottle of wine (unopened) sitting outside our door. He questioned our cabin attendant, who knew nothing about how it got there, but told us to keep it!

I'll trade magnets for wine any day! :p

We will be on our honeymoon in November on the Oasis. I will be very upset and mad if our sign disappears:mad:.

Very upset and mad? Umm, a word of advice from someone married 28 years: this is a very small issue. :) In the grand scheme of things and in light of your upcoming marriage and honeymoon, please do not even give this a second thought, OK? It's just so not worth losing any sleep over. In marriage and in life, you have to pick your battles. Please don't pick this one. Have a great wedding, and a fun cruise. :)

I always decorate my door. Sometimes it stays put, sometimes stuff gets stolen.

There ya go. Sometimes. I think if you put stuff on your door you need to be prepared that it may be taken. Go in with that attitude and enjoy your cruise. :)

My mother and I just got back from a B2B on the Freedom, and she thought it would be fun to make customized door magnets with our names on them to stick to our cabin doors. We applied them first day of the first week, right before we left for dinner, and when we returned, hers had been stolen. Mine remained. Anybody else been visited by the magnet fairy/had episodes of people who don't want others to have fun? Just wondering.

Decorated our last 3 cruises. Nothing taken.

I hope you reported the theft as all public areas(including hallways to cabins) are monitered by cameras.

Just want to make sure doors are metal on FOS and magnetic signs are OK to hang?

I had someone ask me for mine. It was for a scavenger hunt that their family has, you find x and bring it to the room. So I said yes. They needed a door sign. They were other CC members that came in a large family group of 60. When we did the hunt we just took photo as proof.

Archived