Concierge Lounge Drinks

I was wondering if you can take your alcoholic beverages out of the concierge lounge? We're treating my parents to a suite on the Voyager for their 50th anniversary, and they'll have access to the concierge lounge--- but we won't! Can they sneak a couple drinks out to us?!!!!

The only time we have taken drinks out of the lounge was on Serenade on a repositioning cruise. One night the lounge was jammed and we sat outside with some other folk and the Concierge even came out periodically to check on us. Other than that I doubt it.

I've done the same as jbond. Radiance class ships have a small lounge outside the Concierge where you can sit when it gets too crowded, so if the Concierge knows why you're out there I have found them to be OK with it.

I think sneaking extra drinks out for others will definately be frowned upon.

Just a question... I have a feeling a know the answer (no) but I guess there's not harm in asking. Are you allowed to bring a guest into the lounge. I'll have access, but what if I meet say a very good friend, or a man who's company I'd enjoy having while in the lounge? Since they wouldnt have access without me, would they have to wait outside or something. Not that I'd ever do that to a man, I simply wouldnt go, but I was just wondering if you're allowed to have a guest or not. I'm going to guess no, because people would abuse this and bring in many friends for essentially a "party with free drinks"...

It really is a shame that you can't. The DH and myself would love to carry our unfinished drinks to our balcony for a better view during sailaways from the port of calls, or just to gaze at the moonlit night....sigh.... :(

Cheers!

Depends on the Concierge. One of them told my wife it was ok to take her drink to dinner when she was going to leave it one night. That was an exception tho. The rules are you can't take drinks out to anyone else and guests are not allowed.

Just a question... I have a feeling a know the answer (no) but I guess there's not harm in asking. Are you allowed to bring a guest into the lounge. I'll have access, but what if I meet say a very good friend, or a man who's company I'd enjoy having while in the lounge? Since they wouldnt have access without me, would they have to wait outside or something. Not that I'd ever do that to a man, I simply wouldnt go, but I was just wondering if you're allowed to have a guest or not. I'm going to guess no, because people would abuse this and bring in many friends for essentially a "party with free drinks"...

The concierge lounges are not large to begin with. With the suite pax and Diamond C&A (who are growing in numbers by the day), there isn't enough room for those who actually qualify for the lounge. You're right; if everyone who qualifies to use the lounge brings a friend, it would be a nightmare (not to mention unfair to the other pax). The only exceptions are (and should be) for husband/wife and similar situations. If a wife is Diamond and her DH is cruising for the first time, typically RCI will grant the husband the same status as his wife.

So the answer to your question is no, you may not bring a friend or gentleman that you meet onboard.

beachchick

Hi! I have been lurking on these wonderful boards for quite some time. I have a question regarding the concierge lounge and drinks. We have a Grand Suite booked on the AOS for early next year. We will be with our children, 11 & 8. I respect the right to exclude children during the 5-8 cocktail hour in the lounge and wouldn't think of bringing my kids into the lounge at that time. However, if my husband or I are not permitted to bring a glass of wine out of the lounge how are we supposed to enjoy it???? It is a family vacation so I wouldn't be comfortable leaving my kids alone for that time. Has anyone else run into this problem??? Funny thing is, I booked through RCCL directly and they emphasized the lounge and how great it would be for kids!!!!

Thanks for any input!

On our last cruise there were 3 couples. 2 couples had concierge service and one did not. Every night the couple who didn't just walked in with us and they never asked anything. We are not big drinkers and just had a glass of wine before dinner.

The concierge lounges are not large to begin with. With the suite pax and Diamond C&A (who are growing in numbers by the day), there isn't enough room for those who actually qualify for the lounge. You're right; if everyone who qualifies to use the lounge brings a friend, it would be a nightmare (not to mention unfair to the other pax). The only exceptions are (and should be) for husband/wife and similar situations. If a wife is Diamond and her DH is cruising for the first time, typically RCI will grant the husband the same status as his wife.

So the answer to your question is no, you may not bring a friend or gentleman that you meet onboard.

beachchick

Mmm...sounds like more of a place to get morning coffee, and perhaps a quick drink after shore excursions later in the day. Then on to our cabin for refills of our ...shhh... ;) smuggled gin in a flask for our balcony then. Drinks on our balcony before dinner is one of the many things I love about cruising.

Cheers!

My husband and I were on the Adventure of the Seas a couple of years ago with my brother, who was not a Diamond C & A member. When the concierge found that out, he was nice enough to extend an invitation to him to join us in the lounge, which I thought was very nice. He did come in with us one night for a drink, but did not overstay his welcome.

Stacy

On my Serenade cruise last month, cocktail hour was very busy and sometimes there were no seats. I would have been quite disappointed if seats meant for CC level staterooms and Diamond members were taken up by "guests". This is a wonderful amenity offered to guests at these levels and IMHO should be restricted to those who qualify.

As to drinks leaving the CC, we were clearly told no at the beginning of the cruise. To go coffee was another thing altogether.

Surely if you can afford to treat your parents to a suite, buying your own drinks should not be an issue.

On my Serenade cruise last month, cocktail hour was very busy and sometimes there were no seats. I would have been quite disappointed if seats meant for CC level staterooms and Diamond members were taken up by "guests". This is a wonderful amenity offered to guests at these levels and IMHO should be restricted to those who qualify.

As to drinks leaving the CC, we were clearly told no at the beginning of the cruise. To go coffee was another thing altogether.

Surely if you can afford to treat your parents to a suite, buying your own drinks should not be an issue.

Ahh..very well put, caviargirl (love your nickname! :D ).

I still like my balcony for drinks better than the enclosed lounge anyway. ;)

Cheers!

Archived