Excursions on Grand Med Adventurer July

Divvy

I ju wanted to say how disapoined I am in this years excursions on the Med Adventurer , Grand Princess, in July. We did this cruise the year before last and were really looking forward to going again and seeing some of the places we had been before and some new ones. Well , we have just been looking at what is available and we are only going on 2 excursions this time as all the good ones have been dropped. We really enjoyed one that went to Capri , then Sorrento for lunch and on to Pompeii for the afternoon , stopping at the cameo factory on the way home. It was a lovely day out. This time there is only a full day on Capri , well , with the best will in the world I can't think what I would do for a whole day there , you can go to Sorrento on another trip , but not together. We have chosen Herculaneum and the cameo factory. The other place I really wanted to see is Granada. The only excursion going there is $159 so I won't be going there . There are loads of trips to Rome of all lengths and prices , only one to Granada which I find remarkable. I have no idea why the good trips have been dropped as when we went before they were sold out and had loads of coaches going.

Hi Divvy

Having just come back from this part of the world, there are many excallent private tour operators that will give you the tailor made tour

you require.

yours Shogun

MYhusband and I went to Granada last summer with princess the tour was Best of Granada it was well worth the money it takes time to get there. but you get to the counrty while on the coach. When you arrive you have lunch then tour Granada for at least 2hours then back on the bus to the ship. Granada was really interesting to see. in Barcalona we went to Monserrat to see the Black Madana the church there was out of this world. Also there is an art gallery there we paid 15 euros to get in and the art work was sensational. There was even an egiptian mommey painted warppings. Rome we did the Elite colection. What a wonder filled day by starting off at the collisem the to the Tevi fountain the lunch at hotel Savoy the on to the vatican and the vatican museum and Sistin chapel. At the vatican we were given rosewood roserries. If you are going to Pompeli wear something that you are comfortable in there is almost no shade and it is very hot take a bottle of water it is really expensive to by it there . All of the excursions we did on the trip we did we booked through princess I felt we got our moneys worth. Another thing that was used on some these excursions was ipod device so you could hear the tour guide though and ear piece in your ear so you could look around and hear the tour guide while still able to take pictures. And if the tour ran long then we knew that the ship would not sail without us. I hope this helps.

Got to second this, after doing private on this cruise I can' t imagine any of the big bus 40-60 people excursions can come close and when we got on board the pricing was ridiculous compared to what our private ended up costing after getting a full car.

Hi Divvy

Having just come back from this part of the world, there are many excallent private tour operators that will give you the tailor made tour

you require.

yours Shogun

Archived