Fantasy class the one with the classic lines

legion3

Being a fan of the classic ocean liners and steamships of the last century, I think the Carnival Fantasy class ships with their classic high lifeboats and ocean/cruise liner design, with all of its cabins situated within the hull, gives these ships the "classic" clean hull lines of the older liners. (of course they are missing 2 or 3 more smokestacks ;))

Many of the newer ships today, while beautiful in their own way, appear to be high rise condos on a hull.

To me the clean look of the hull rising high from the water is very classic.

Also speaking of that I will be taking my first cruise since 1977 (Cunard Countess) and it will be my wife and kids first ever. Just planning to get our feet wet with a 5 day trip on the Carnival Paradise when it comes to Tampa. And I didn't pick the ship because of its clean lines :D.

Compared to todays ships the Cunard Countess looks like a large motor yacht.

Being a fan of the classic ocean liners and steamships of the last century, I think the Carnival Fantasy class ships with their classic high lifeboats and ocean/cruise liner design, with all of its cabins situated within the hull, gives these ships the "classic" clean hull lines of the older liners. (of course they are missing 2 or 3 more smokestacks ;))

4 of the Fantasy class ships they added balconys to them and hung them off the hull.

Archived