Port in New Jersey

Sharon I

Hi

Can anybody tell me if they have any hotels around the New Jersey port that has the park, stay and cruise. We are travelling from New Hampshire and want to rent a hotel room the night before and leave our car at the hotel for the week, all inclusive.

Sharon I

Here's a current thread where this is being discussed - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1418268

An additional hotel to check out would be Country Inns, which offers a hotel, parking, and cruise shuttle. You will have to call them to get a total price - they offer a sleep/cruise and a sleep/park package - the price for all three is more - I think about $35. They only offer free parking for 8 days - additional time is $35/4 days. When you add it all up CI can be pricier than getting a regular park/sleep and arranging your own transportation. You also have no control over what time you go to the port.

I've stayed in both the Fairfield and Country Inns withing the last year. I found them to be very similar. However, CI has a very small lobby area - no place to go or hang out at all. The Fairfield had a spacious lobby with comfortable chairs plus their breakfast area with banquettes, tables, and chairs. There was also a TV area. Both hotels have internet in the lobby and indoor pools. Country Inns is next to the Jersey Gardens Mall(underwhelming) and a Ruby Tuesday's and IHOP. Fairfield Inn is next door to a Courtyard, which has a restaurant.

well i wouldn't call Jersey Gardens underwhelming..:D not spectacular, but we don't charge tax on clothes here! (or shoes!) :p

I agree with Carol (138)....I have stayed in almost all the Airport area hotels...there are 2 courtyard, one near the Fairfield and Springhill suites by marriott, and the other near the Country Inn and Residence Inn.

Courtyards as a rule are moving away from a 'full service' sit down restaurant to a more cafe/bistro/panera bread-esque type thing..(as in fast food a few steps up from mickey dees! it isn't bad though..)

you have to check rates as some of them change packages like people change socks....

Archived