Anounce a Cruise and Give No Info

jig

Last week HAL issued a press release about the Rotterdam relocating to Rotterdam from Sept 2012. They gave dates of some of the new cruises as well as to where they are going. However HAL can give no info on them at all. Why would they give this info and say call HAL for more information and then have none?

True - the itineraries have not been finalized yet.

That should happen in a few weeks.

It happens all the time and it's so frustrating. Here I am, a front line sales guy for my company. The constantly post a teaser (from merchandising or some in house dept) on our web site and then say, call the store for details. And yet, we have no details and often don't even know it's been posted on the web at all.

So, I hear ya. Why can't they get their ducks in a row first, and then make the public announcement. All it seems to do is alienate potential customers.

This is a common marketing procedure. It's like "coming soon to a theater near you." The theater and dates aren't known yet ... but they want to plant the seed of interest and anticipation. They were successful with you, no?

I agree that details will be forthcoming soon.

...sure, but also be prepared to please us. Don't say - call for me for details - if there are no details beyond the announcement to be had when one calls. Our society moves more quickly today. It's not wise to say, yeah, I know I asked you to call but, hey, call back in a few weeks. By then we're on to the next new thing.

People want their information NOW. So, a savy company wouldn tell em they have it if they don't. It might have been good marketing last century, but not in the 2010s. It's frustrating. Frustration, for most of us, is a negative feeling. Negative can be broadcast to literally millions in just seconds. The global communication wave can wash both directions.

It also breeds frustration among the staff who have to then take calls from the customer and give them an I'm sorry but response.

...sure, but also be prepared to please us. Don't say - call for me for details - if there are no details beyond the announcement to be had when one calls. Our society moves more quickly today. It's not wise to say, yeah, I know I asked you to call but, hey, call back in a few weeks. By then we're on to the next new thing.

People want their information NOW. So, a savy company wouldn tell em they have it if they don't. It might have been good marketing last century, but not in the 2010s. It's frustrating. Frustration, for most of us, is a negative feeling. Negative can be broadcast to literally millions in just seconds. The global communication wave can wash both directions.

It also breeds frustration among the staff who have to then take calls from the customer and give them an I'm sorry but response.

Very well said. If I had seen a itin. on Princess that I liked for fall I'd already have it booked. You snooze.....you lose.

Last week HAL issued a press release about the Rotterdam relocating to Rotterdam from Sept 2012. They gave dates of some of the new cruises as well as to where they are going. However HAL can give no info on them at all. Why would they give this info and say call HAL for more information and then have none?

Sorry for any frustration. These itineraries are being finalized as other have also guessed.

Part of what I do has allowed me to already see these itineraries. The 90-day to the Far East via the Suez Canal is an AMAZING itinerary. I've never seen anything like it and sometimes wish I worked ON the ships when I see itineraries like those.

No set date I'm aware of, but it's coming soon.

very few ships go to the main parts of indonesia. looking at a map of it you really don't know where they will stop. in 2003 we were going to bali and semerang but both were cancelled due to the bali bombing. i am going to bali in sept on princess and in 2006 we were on the statendam when it stopped in jayapura. first and last, maybe till the rotterdam.

i you have any info i would really like it. i get that way sometimes.

Archived