cruise cancellation question

alert

I did not buy travel insurance for my upcoming cruise and my cruise is coming up soon. I hurt my knee and I may not be able to go on my cruise. If I cancel now I will not get anything back. It will be a last minute decision as to if I can go or not.

I want to know if the thinking below is ok:

Since I can not get anything back for not going to the cruise, I guess I don’t really need to notify the cruise line. If I am not able to go then I will just not show up. Will my travel agent get to keep the commission if I don’t show up for my cruise?

Thank you in advance for your help.

While you do not need to notify the cruise line I would do this anyway. You may want to ask if they would offer you any type of cruise line credit to be used on another cruise. You never know unless you ask.

I am sorry about your ankle.

Keith

I did not buy travel insurance for my upcoming cruise and my cruise is coming up soon. I hurt my knee and I may not be able to go on my cruise. If I cancel now I will not get anything back. It will be a last minute decision as to if I can go or not.

Since I can not get anything back for not going to the cruise, I guess I don’t really need to notify the cruise line. If I am not able to go then I will just not show up. Will my travel agent get to keep the commission if I don’t show up for my cruise?

Personally, it has been proven to me that to buy insurance is well worth it. Last year we were booked on a cruise out of Rome, and the morning we were to depart on the cruise received a call at our hotel that a family member had unexpectedly passed away and we had to return home immediately. Although our airfares were not covered, our cruise fare was refunded through our insurance.

Also, there may be that there is a waiting list for your cruise so it would give someone else the opportunity to take your place.

Hoping this helps,

Sharon

I'm not 100% sure on this so you'd need to check with your TA but if you cancel the cruise you'd probably get a refund of the taxes -- not much really but every little bit helps.. If you are a no-show you might be forfeiting that refund.

Archived