Is An Upgrade Possible?

barnsey1802

Hi There,

We are lucky enough to be sailing on the Diamond Princess this NYE. We have booked two inside cabins side by side, one for myself and my husband and one for our 2 children. (aged 18 & 14). I have marked them not for upgrade obviously because we don't want to be separated from the kids.

However, a friend told me that if I opt for an upgrade, because the 2 cabins are under the one booking, both cabins will be upgraded side by side.

Has this ever happened to anyone??.....

Thanks in advance

Deidre:):)

I agree with Coral. I have read many stories over the years when someone has had children in a cabin close to the parents and one or both were upgraded, but to different decks on different ends of the ship. I would also not chance this, it's too risky.

You are taking a chance if you opt for an upgrade. Several years ago, I was cruising with my sister and BIL in the cabin next door in AD mini-suites on Emerald deck. Our bookings were linked together. Princess decided to "upgrade" just me to an AC at the very front of Dolphin deck, an entire ship's length and a deck away. My TA was able to get my original cabin back but it just goes to show you that logic, and linked cabins, don't always help keep you together.

Don't chance it. We just got an upgrade for our upcoming Baltic cruise and we are now separated from our friends - we are near the back; they are at the front. This happened even though the travel agent had noted that we were travelling together and we had our original rooms together. We don't mind since we were both upgraded from balcony to mini suite - but wouldn't want it to happen with kids.

Archived