How often do you check for price drops? Booked for 7/28/2012

I check daily as well. On our last cruise (Serenade) we got a $260 price drop two days before we left. Was a nice little surprise. Now I'm hooked on checking daily. I can't believe when I look back and see how much I paid for cruises before I knew all the tricks thanks to Cruise Critic!

I check daily as well. On our last cruise (Serenade) we got a $260 price drop two days before we left. Was a nice little surprise. Now I'm hooked on checking daily. I can't believe when I look back and see how much I paid for cruises before I knew all the tricks thanks to Cruise Critic!

You got the price drop in the final payment period???

I booked my cruise in the UK through Readers Offers and my sister in law booked the same cruise and got about what equates to £300 PP cheaper 3 weeks later in a cabin upgrade, they booked with Gills, after discussions with RO and RC could not get a upgrade or OBC, so my questions is if I had booked direct with RC would I have been able to gain from by an upgrade or reduction when prices fell like you do in the USA ?

I booked my cruise in the UK through Readers Offers and my sister in law booked the same cruise and got about what equates to £300 PP cheaper 3 weeks later in a cabin upgrade, they booked with Gills, after discussions with RO and RC could not get a upgrade or OBC, so my questions is if I had booked direct with RC would I have been able to gain from by an upgrade or reduction when prices fell like you do in the USA ?

Yes

In the UK honoring proce drops, or getting up grades when porces fallis at the discretion of the TA is you used one. YOu can get it if you book direct. It is one reason why we book direct.

Archived