How often do you check for price drops? Booked for 7/28/2012

I just booked the Oasis for July 28, 2012 for my DW and 2 DD, My parents and in-laws.

How often do you look for price drops? I booked directly through RCCL.

I also noticed that now they are offering a package for the Pandamonium for free. Is that something that I can just add to my booking if it happens to come up for my cruise? I would assume that I would be able to since they will do a price drop.

I can't wait it is 427 days out! I will have to read and read and read some more about the trip. I actually also just installed the Android App for RCCL on my phone, it is very informative, even has a countdown so that I can torment myself all the time!

Check the prices every week. Pretend you're making a new booking online and check the prices that way. If they drop from what you paid right up to final payment, call RCCL right away and they will adjust your price.

Not sure about your other question. You'd have to call RCCL and ask them if you wanted to add that.

I have an Oasis cruise booked for this September & just booked a Princess cruise for next April.

I check the internet the first thing every morning. REALLY hoping for a mini suite price drop on the Oasis so I can upgrade from my balcony.

Sometimes a residency or senior or past passenger discount will pop up.

Every well seasoned cruiser knows a price can drop.....& then it can be gone !

The Princess cruise I just booked is a good example. I took the last cabin in a particular catagory on a past passenger rate that just came up.

If someone who had already booked noticed that rate & didn't take it, oh well ! GONE !

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that once the deadline for final payment comes up, there are no more price adjustments.

But you may be able to upgrade your cabin choice for little to no more money if there is a drop in the category above yours. There is no refund or OBC though for the difference if after final payment.

I check at least once a day, it's part of my morning routine. I've seen price drops come and disappear within a day, just last week I lost $40 while my TA was trying to get the drop.

My TA was off that day and her supervisor was contacting RCCL, they told her the price was actually higher than we had paid. She called back and told me that, while i was trying to figure out what they were talking about RCCL raised the price. I still got the discount but instead of $140 for the cabin it was only $100. It was a military discount and the supervisor didn't realize we qualified for that. This all happened within 1/2 hour of my checking the price.

I have an Oasis cruise booked for this September & just booked a Princess cruise for next April.

I check the internet the first thing every morning. REALLY hoping for a mini suite price drop on the Oasis so I can upgrade from my balcony.

Every well seasoned cruiser knows a price can drop.....& then it can be gone !

The Princess cruise I just booked is a good example. I took the last cabin in a particular catagory on a past passenger rate that just came up.

If someone who had already booked noticed that rate & didn't take it, oh well ! GONE !

That happened to me. I checked prices while at work (don't tell anyone:p) and when I got home from lunch less than an hour later it was gone!!

O.K. Don't laugh!!!! I check my cruise about 10X a day(I have my computer in my kitchen). My cruise has dropped twice... saving me about $1200.00:p

I'm not laughing. Sometimes I check several times a day!!!

My daughter's boyfriend and his sister decided they want to go on Oasis with us on June 18. Basically there are no cabins left. The only thing available are the Superior Ocean at 2,000 per person. I am going to wait to get my TA on Tuesday to see what she can do. RCCL told us to call back every day to check for a cancellation:) I guess we lucked out with our price. We also reserved 6 months ago. I never really saw a price drop for Oasis in the last 6 months. We were able to get some nice onboard credit though!

I check twice daily. So far, three of my booked cruises have gone up, and the two farthest out have remained the same. I have found only one price drop in my entire cruise history, but I like to think that is because I have a talent for finding the best cruise deals in the first place ;)

I checked daily. It was definitely worth it--our cruise price kept going up and up and up and about a month before we sailed it dropped for two days. It was after final payment but we were able to get upgrades--I upgraded our family of 4 from a single inside to two connecting insides for $140, and my MIL was able to upgrade from an ocean view to a balcony for free.

I feel better now. I check all day. When I have time I check I have a computer around me at all times so it is easy. I haven't been on a cruise in a very long time and can't wait to go. Then eventually when Jet Blue releases the air I will be checking 2 prices all day long :D:D:D

At least every day...sometimes more than once...:D I've found price drops on both my cruises for this year already...now I have a 3rd cruise to check on with Celebrity..busy..busy...;)

I check almost daily too. Today I saw a price drop - $300 on a balcony cabin. Unfortunately it was not on the category cabin I selected! :(

However, if you're a Crown and Anchor member, don't forget to check for savings certificates. I saved $125.00 on my cruise that way! (and I found out that my US counterparts saved $150 on theirs!)

RCI doesn't offer this type of discount..........but it would be nice if they did.

In this case it was Carnival but..I work shifts at the hospital, I got home at 12:30a and checked the price went down $200.00 pp I called my son and he got online and sent the form in and he saved $400.00 for 2 of them. He called his MIL and she wouldnt get out of bed, she said shed do it in the am. He called be back and I realize it was 1am but..come on to save $400.00 I would have drove downtown to fill out the form.

Long story short she missed out...We saved a good bit, from just a ramdom check in on the price.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that once the deadline for final payment comes up, there are no more price adjustments.

You are correct, there are no more price adjustments. However, you can up grade. We had an E2 booked on this current cruise and there was a price drop on balconies. Although I could not get money back on ours, the D2's were lower than what I paid for my E2 originally, so I was allowed to up grade to a D2.

You are correct, there are no more price adjustments. However, you can up grade. We had an E2 booked on this current cruise and there was a price drop on balconies. Although I could not get money back on ours, the D2's were lower than what I paid for my E2 originally, so I was allowed to up grade to a D2.

I see that you are going on the Explorer. It's a fabulous ship, wonderful staff. I have to say that even though it is older than the Radiance class, I prefer this ship.

Take note of the detailed workmanship onboard, and enjoy your upcoming cruise!

... the D2's were lower than what I paid for my E2 originally, so I was allowed to up grade to a D2.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but would not an E2 to a D2 be a downgrade? On my upcoming cruise E2s are more expensive than D2s.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but would not an E2 to a D2 be a downgrade? On my upcoming cruise E2s are more expensive than D2s.

Prices do not necessarily coincide with categories, as in a higher category is priced more. It just depends on how well each category is selling. D cabins are a little larger than E cabins and have a full sofa as opposed to a loveseat.

Archived