Roll Call:Silver Cloud Barbados Panama Canal Cruise Dec. 6-22nd 2011

boccenana

I agree the reports this last week haven't been exciting, but I think it will all be overcome by the gathering of the right people with a sense of humor and adventure. That's the worst that can happen.........had to rethink packing as I don't know if there will be A/C.......it will be warm and beautiful.

See you on board, John and I are trying to figure out where and when to meet with the CC'rs......bar of course.......I have been open to suggestions as this is our

very first cruise ever, so I am trying to leave it to the pros.....think we will be at the pool bar if we have to wait for cabin to be ready. I am sure we can all find each other eventually.

Elaine

On other cruises we have been on the CC meeting was on the first sea day usually before lunch, but I am sure we could do whatever we want.

Not knowing the Cloud at all would it be possible for us to meet for sailaway from Barbados say inn the pool bar?

Hopefully all a/c problems will be sorted in Barbados before we sail.

Can't wait now and getting excited :D:D

As we don't know Cloud, can only say on Seabourn the "Pool Bar" is the place to be on sailaway. I have been trying to get an update on plans for Cloud re A/C. But no one working over the 4-day holiday had any new email updates, so I guess we'll have to hope to hear something tomorrow. I need info to finish packing "LOL"

On the Cloud in January, 2011, there was a sail away deck party right after the lifeboat drill. Judie Abbott, the CD, introduced the department heads and appies were served. It was a lot of fun and would be a fun place to meet. I assume they will be doing something similiar on this cruise. Darcy and I will be there. Looking forward to meeting others!

Pool bar seems to be the choice, but when in doubt we can always check the other bars.....this isn't that big a ship from my research. ;) we leave in 5 days for Barbados, seems like an eternity since we booked way back in January.

It's after midnight and I have to repack my stuff, I was very organized packing John's things, but was so tired when I started mine it got ugly!!!:confused:

Will try again tomorrow.......wow.......I need a vacation!!!

Elaine

I like your tactics Elaine, check the other bars as well :D:D:D

Harriet and I arrive in Barbados the day we sail but are travellin g to a good Premier Inn on Friday - just to make sure we are able to get to Gatwick on time - where we are we have weather problems like strong winds which ground flights and stop boats sailing. Thursday does not look too good but Friday seems OK.

The folk at work are now saying I need a holiday and boy am I looking forward to this one :)

Looking forward to seeing you all at the pool bar on Tuesday after the lifeboat drill to get ready for sailaway!

Gee I am getting exited :D:D

P.S. I know I forgot the c

Hi Everyone,

How excited are we!! Thanks for your warm welcome on this forum. Busy packing, (well my better half is) :)

Are there any members flying out from the UK (Gatwick) on the 11.20am to Barbados?

Can't wait to meet fellow passengers, the atmosphere on board our last two trips was very good. We are sailing with my lovely mother in law who is also looking forward to meeting new friends.

I,m sure Silversea will live up to its fine reputation and so will the Cloud, cheers. :p

Suitcases are all packed!! Driving to Vancouver in the morning on the first leg of our trip. Will be looking for you, Elaine & John, in Dallas Dec 3. I have short blonde hair & wear glasses. Our red carryon will have a SS tag on it. I will even stick one on my big black purse. Hope everyone has a safe journey and look forward to meeting at the pool bar after the lifeboat drill. One more sleep!!! Carol-Ann:)

See you in Dallas, we are both wearing our Arizona denims...that's called Tucson Casual here. I in a black shirt, black jacket, brown luggage with Silversea Luggage Tags, brown and beige pocketbook.

We are tall John gray and handsome, I hide my gray every six weeks. I am sure we will have no problem finding you. Oh yeah, baggy eyes..........haven't slept much in the last three weeks....I need a vacation!!!! OK, I'll take a cruise.

1 day 17 hours 33 minutes 18 seconds until we get picked up to go to the airport in Tucson......yipeeee. Flight leaves at 7:35am if it is on time. Our friends arrive tomorrow to take care of house and our little dog Agatha.

Love, Elaine

Am currently on the Cloud, Deck 4 (no opening windows), and am about to leave St. Lucia for Barbados tonight. We will be in Bridgetown for 4 days. The A/C is not working, however once we got out of the Amazon, it hasn't been too unbearable. They do have fans available for your room, but it has been mostly all casual clothes 24/7 and sleeping on top of the sheets. Staff has been wonderful given the circumstances and hopefully all will be fixed when we get to Barbados tomorrow where the parts are supposed to be waiting.

Archived