Roll Call:Silver Cloud Barbados Panama Canal Cruise Dec. 6-22nd 2011

boccenana

Looking forward with great anticipation to our very first cruise. 16 days for newbies will be pretty exciting. We look forward to hearing from anyone taking the same cruise.

Welcome to SS chiconana

I did your cruise in November last year on the Silver Cloud. If u have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them or take a look at my review at:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=80266

Cheers

Jennifer

Looking forward with great anticipation to our very first cruise. 16 days for newbies will be pretty exciting.

We look forward to hearing from anyone taking the same cruise.

Hi Chiconana

We are on the same cruise as you, but it will be our fourth cruise the first with Silversea. Looking forward to 16 days of sunshine and meeting a lot of interesting people and seeing some interesting sights.

Just figured out you are from Scotland, no wonder you are looking forward to the sunshine. We are from Arizona, sunshine 364 days a year, yup I am bragging.

We are looking forward to the sea, the sights and the company.

The avatar is of Shetland where we stay, slainthe means good health in Gaelic (Scots) and is my signature!

Molars is my screen name but to confuse you even more my name is Steve!

Being in Scotland here we also get the sun for 365 days, but sometimes we don't see it for days on end!!

• 1 month later...

No not quite on your own.

This is our 2nd crusie with silverseas.

3 years ago we sailed from Dubai to Singapore on the Whisper.

Really hope the Cloud is as good read some negative reports about it looking quite shabby.

We live in Newmarket Suffolk UK, don't see much sun ether but plenty of racehorses.

Thanks dusababy for easing my mind, I had read the same reports and while trying to think positive I was hoping for the exact description you just gave.

Welcome Horseshoe 1st. I guess some cruisers just read the posts like I did at first, glad you decided to join in.

Really hope the Cloud is as good read some negative reports about it looking quite shabby.

We live in Newmarket Suffolk UK, don't see much sun ether but plenty of racehorses.

I read a post by NJBelle regarding the cruise a few weeks ago which came here to Shetland and Faroe / Iceland - it was really good review and gave a good insight of the ship. It is on this forum somewhere - I recommend giving it a read.

Welcome H 1st - good to see we are not alone - we also have a lot of horses here but not of the caliber of yours and a tad shorter!

• 1 month later...

I would think getting this close to cruise time, 90 days, but who is counting, that we would have heard from more people on our cruise.

Is anyone else out there on cruise critics taking this cruise on the Silver Cloud leaving Barbados December 6, 2011?

My husband Darcy and I (Carol-Ann) will be on the Silver Cloud with you. We sailed on the Cloud in January, 2011 and truly loved everything about the cruise. It feels like we are 'going home'. Looking forward to meeting you.:)

Oh good, so far we have Penticton BC Canada, Newmarket Suffolk UK, Shetland Scotland , Palm Desert California and Oro Valley Arizona. Did I miss anybody?

I guess with less than 90 days to go I can forget about losing that 40 pounds before the cruise, right now I will settle for ten.

By the way, we are John and Elaine.

Thanks for the welcome, only 90 days, off to London for the weekend for some serious shopping Mr Newmarket will have to get that wallet out.

Just have one question if anyone can help when we disembark:( we are flying straight back to London but not until 21.00hrs seems that we could be at the airport for a few hours any suggestions on what to do, and where the airport is located.

Rhona & Phil.

Wonderful! You will have the day in San Diego.!! San DIego International airoprt is 10 minutes from the pier: literally up the street. If Silversea were to let you leave your luggage with them, you could walk to Downtown (20 minute walk at best)..... (beautiful city) and enjoy the shopping , the Gas Lamp District, and fabulous eateries. If you prefer museums, you could easily talke a cab to Balboa Park. The world famous San Diego Zoo would be another option.

Regardless of which you choose to do, you will enjoy your day with plenty of time to get to the airport.

Looking forward to meeting everyone

Mike and Mary

Rally and Love@Cruise:)

Recently left the Cloud and posted a review this week which is up to date and hopefully will wet your appetite.Hope you enjoy a wonderful cruise. (see SS cruise reviews)

Recently left the Cloud and posted a review this week which is up to date and hopefully will wet your appetite.Hope you enjoy a wonderful cruise. (see SS cruise reviews)

I cannot seem to find your recent review of your trip on the Silver Cloud. Would you share the link with me please.

We are !!!! Love@cruise and Rally, California. Going into Barbados early . We are celebrating 100 nights on SIlversea.....most of them on the Cloud!:D

Since you guys have spent so much time on Silver Cloud would you tell me if you had any issues using your cell phone in port. Our AT&T is on the list for the Silver Cloud, just wondering if you have any input on this.

Archived