Do you agree

We took this cruise in Dec. last year. I absolutely loved the islands of St. Kitts, St. Lucia, and Barbados as I had not been to them before and we did tours on each of these islands. I always enjoy St. Thomas and St. Martin, but I also love to have several sea days as I find them relaxing. I also would NEVER cruise out of Puerto Rico again. Absolutely the worst port I have been on in my seven cruises in my opinion. It was more or less disorganized chaos with a lot of pushy people on a very hot day. I love the itinerary of the Southern Caribbean, but if I ever do it again I would look for another departure port with possibly a 9 or 10 day cruise, and since I live in the north, there would probably be an air flight involved. I do love to fly, but he cost can be prohibitive at times. Enjoy your next cruise, and try to see some of these islands as they have a lot to offer.

I would love to do it. Maybe some day. But it would be very expensive excursion wise. I have to do something besides walk around town and shop. Need some excitement!!

I dont like to walk around and shop either, and our most expensive day was St. Lucia at 70$ and every other island was anywhere from 20-40$ that didnt seem expensive to me...but i guess if there was another sea day thrown in you would save some money..i LOVE this itinerary..and do think it is the best, ive done it twice..but that breeze itinerary sounds good too! I will say this is not a cruise for someone who just wants to relax and do nothing..i mean..the trip is amazing..but you need a few days after to relax, but it is worth it to me to see such amazing places.

We took this cruise in Dec. last year. I absolutely loved the islands of St. Kitts, St. Lucia, and Barbados as I had not been to them before and we did tours on each of these islands. I always enjoy St. Thomas and St. Martin, but I also love to have several sea days as I find them relaxing.

Lulu,

What did you do in these ports? We cruise a lot and I don't like going back to the same ports and places all the time. I signed us up for the Victory in April, 2013 because we've never been to Barbados, and it's been a whlie since we were in St. Lucia and St. Martin. We'll fly in a day early and probably spend a night at El Convento in OSJ.

Pe4all,

I partially agree. I'm looking forward to cruising on the Breeze some day and I'd love to get back to Curacao. It's one of my favorite places. I like Grand Turk too but Aruba, not too much - too American and too much desert. The DR (Punta Cana) is much better with land trips.

I would rather poke my eyes out then be at sea that long on a cruise ship:D:p

DH loves sea days. I kind of agree with MissDiva1. I could "suffer" through a TA if I was cruising on an unfamiliar ship and if I had my laptop and lots of reading material. An aft balcony would help too.

DH loves sea days. I could "suffer" through a TA if I was cruising on an unfamiliar ship and if I had my laptop and lots of reading material. An aft balcony would help too.

having suffered through 2, they are marvelous!

Before my first cruise on the Pride, I would have said that this sounds ideal for me. (Port intensive) but now that I have had several sea days, I'd much prefer a mix.

Not that I would "not" consider this cruise... (I'd just have to be in an island hopping mood.)

That the Carnival Victory has the best itinerary?

Maybe for those who really love their port days. I however enjoy sea days and prefer 3-4 sea days on a 7 day cruise :) I am however glad that Carnival offers this port intensive cruise for those who may not enjoy sea days :)

I don't know if it's the best, but we'll find out in July when we go on the Victory. I purposefully look for itineraries that are more port intensive. I don't do well with more than one sea day in a row because I go stir crazy and get kind of bored. I figure I can be leisurely while I'm in port. I feel that I don't need to do and see everything. I'm perfectly content laying on the beach or walking around town.

You will love the Victory!

Archived