Legend in October

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ybor City. A few miles from port but they do have parking and shuttle package. Nice hotel, great neighborhood explore on foot and streetcar stop is about a block away, easy to hop on and be at Channelside in minutes. We paid about $159 last month and included room, nice breakfast, parking for the duration and shuttle to and fro the port. We've also done Embassy suites downtown and Embassy Suites West Shore in the past but MUCH more expensive and not nearly as charming area/neighborhood

We considered the Hilton Garden Inn in Ybor City. It was voted down because Ybor City hosts Guavaween that night and my DW thought it might be too chaotic for the newlyweds.....go figure. Although I would love to get up there to see the sights that evening.

Marriott Waterside is the closest to the port. It's right next to it. If you're just looking for a cheap place to crash, check out hotels in the airport/Westshore/Rocky Point areas. They're all basically in the same area, near the airport. Most will probably offer free shuttle to and from the port and will let you leave your car there for free.

We cruised the Legend out of Tampa last October 31st and stayed at the Holiday Inn at Rocky Point. They have a cruise package which includes parking and shuttle to the port and shuttle from the port on return. They also have a free shuttle that we used from the airport and that will take you anywhere within 3-4 mile radius for dinner, shopping etc. A lot of folks from our roll call stayed here. It was clean, had a small pool that was nice and there is a Bahama Breeze next door for dinner. (IF you do Bahama Breeze, go early or use call ahead seating. They get BUSY!)

K

This will be out first trip out of Tampa on the Carnival Legend as well, and we are staying at the Holiday Inn Rocky Point along with the rest of our incredibly active October 9, 2010 Roll Call.

None of us knew each other on the Roll Call, but we managed to snag a group rate of $99.00 which includes pick up at the airport, transportation to and from the hotel to the pier, parking our car for the week at the hotel, pick up at the pier back to the hotel or airport and a deluxe room. We have, I think at least 15-20 rooms already booked, could be more. Our unofficial meet and greet is at the Bahama Breeze next door to the hotel.

The best part is we get to start the vacation a day earlier with all the wonderful Roll Call members!

We cruised out of Tampa last October. We drove. We stayed at Hampton Inn Westshore/Airport. They had a reasonable package - 1 night, free hot breakfast, free parking for our car for the length of the cruise and free shuttle to port only - for 110 (this included tax). They recommended a Transport Company for us to contact when we got off the ship after the cruise to bring us back to our car at the hotel. Very easy.

If you are flying, they also have free shuttle to/from airport, but the hotel is in a very business-like district - not alot of shops in walking distance, although they will shuttle you around a 3 mile radius I think.

Both the Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn at Rocky point have a cruise special that includes free breakfast, free shuttle both ways and free parking for the week. Stayed at that Hampton Inn a couple of weeks ago before our cruise and paid $99. Not bad, since parking for the week at the port garage isn't much less than that.

The only downside was the two hotels share the same shuttles and they give you a time slot for the shuttle based on when you check in the day before the cruise. If you arrive late, you'll be on the late shuttle (1pm or 2pm, I think).

On the way back, they give you a phone number to call after you've cleared customs, and slot you in based on the order you call.

It was a good deal, and less hassle than I just made it sound. I'd book this special again.

Best hotel in Tampa to book for night before cruise.....maybe includes parking for the week....any help?

Most of the comments have suggested places downtown, near the port. Your best bet is to get away from town, especially if it is only one night pay, a lot less and park at the port. Parking for a week is about $100.

Sure you can find some place that will do a stay and park, and maybe save a total of $50 or so, but you end up spending an extra hour both before and after the cruise getting to and from your car.

Archived