Golden E516 obstructed view--anyone been there?

Kellie in Texas

Stateroom diagram shows a double bed underneath the window, but where are the 3rd and 4th beds? In the ceiling?? We had an inside cabin and now, four days from sailing, got an upgrade to E516. I found an old thead (pre-dry dock) that mentioned this cabin, but hoped somebody had some more recent info on it.

• 6 months later...

I realize this is several years old now, but it would be so nice if the person requesting the information; would report back after the cruise and let everyone else know how it was. I have booked Golden Princess room E516 myself as it was $1000. less than an ocean view (unobstructed). I am hoping we have some view at the end of the lifeboat, as it looks like we would from the deck plan. Does anyone know if this is the case? I am still watching for a better sale, so that I may be able to upgrade; but as long we can see a small amount, we will be satisfied. Anyone have any photos?

Golden cabin E516 should have a similar view to this shot from Star E608 which has it view pass the front of first port side large tender and not a regular lifeboat.

attachment.php?attachmentid=215618&d=1324161770

Here is how that section of the Golden looks like from the outside.

attachment.php?attachmentid=215620&d=1324162297

StarE608.jpg.98edfb4e65809d79b9cf60296f6d41d4.jpg

DSC07923b.jpg.74ea44901e3443ac3afaadf116b440d2.jpg

Archived