Need Help - Future Cruise Credit for Already Booked Cruise

Princess Patches

I am booked to sail in October on the Sapphire and used my last future cruise credit for that cruise. We just booked to sail again in December, but I am out of FCCs (I foolishly booked only one when I normally book two FCCs at a time). If I purchase an FCC on my October cruise, can I then apply it to the December cruise even though the December cruise is already booked and will be fully paid for at that time?

If so, what happens with the $100 deposit on the FCC since my December cruise will already be paid in full?

Don't think you will have any luck buying FCC after the fact to apply to an already purchased cruise....hence the 'Future Cruise Credit'....but if your ship is still pretty empty, you could buy it in October, have your TA cancel your cruise and rebook with the new FCC....good luck

Sorry, it used to be that some TA's could work the system to apply FCC's after the fact, but that has not happened in a while. Add to that the fact that you will be paid in full, which complicates matters further. Upshot: the FCC you purchase on the Sapphire will have to go towards a different future cruise.

Sorry ... you must be aboard ship to book the credit. The idea is to entice passengers to, as the name implies, book future voyages. It's thus not applicable to already-booked cruises. You can't even reserve it for family members who aren't aboard. Princess is pretty rigid about this ... I don't think you'll have any luck.

You can apply your FCC at the final payment. I had to do that last time for our Emerald sailing. I couldn’t use our 2 FCCs for booking, as they were in CAN$, but we were booking with a US travel agency and paying in US$. So, we put a regular deposit, then had Princess do the conversion, applied our 2 FCC at the final payment, and received our OBC. But I don’t think you can use it after the final payment date.

Chelsea

You can apply your FCC at the final payment. I had to do that last time for our Emerald sailing. I couldn’t use our 2 FCCs for booking, as they were in CAN$, but we were booking with a US travel agency and paying in US$. So, we put a regular deposit, then had Princess do the conversion, applied our 2 FCC at the final payment, and received our OBC. But I don’t think you can use it after the final payment date.

Chelsea

Chelsea, not sure when this took place, but it isn't allowed anymore unless the cruise is cancelled and rebooked. That may have been what your TA did so she could apply them before final payment date. But they can not be applied to a previously booked cruise on Princess, they must be applied at the time of booking. ;)

Chelsea, not sure when this took place, but it isn't allowed anymore unless the cruise is cancelled and rebooked. That may have been what your TA did so she could apply them before final payment date. But they can not be applied to a previously booked cruise on Princess, they must be applied at the time of booking. ;)

This is what our TA told us.

We have 3 booked and haven't taken one yet. :)

I wanted to buy some on our Sept. cruise and apply them retro-ly (is that a word ?) to the ones already booked.

In the future, I will make sure I have some.

Pat

I was referring to our Emerald cruise last December and we booked it, if I remember correctly, in May of 2010.

They probably allowed us to do that because we had 2 FCCs available at the time of booking, but in a different currency. My TA didn’t cancel and rebook, as we had the same reservation number and the same cabin.

Anyway, I learned my lesson and last time bought 2 FCCs in US$, which we successfully applied to our next cruise :).

I didn’t want to confuse anybody, just wanted to share the story.

Chelsea

I wonder if it would matter if you already have used just one FCC for a booking for 2 people. I had used our only 2 FCCs when I booked a 2012 cruise earlier this year. When I realized I wouldn't have any FCCs left at all for a cruise I was considering in 2013 I removed one of the FCCs from the 2012 cruise, and paid the other booking fee of $100 with a credit card (that means just one of us has the OBC); that left me with one FCC to do the same for 2013. I'm now wondering if I when I next acquire some FCCs (perhaps this fall) would I be able to use one of the new FCCs to cover the other person on the 2012 (and 2013) bookings retroactively? I might have to call Princess about that one.

I might have to call Princess about that one.

I finally got around to calling Princess. You cannot apply new FCCs to a cruise that has already been booked regardless of whether you had applied some to it originally or not. Oh well ...

Archived