Margaritaville in Ocho Rios

Chucksta63

Hi

A number of years ago we had a taxi take us there and paid $5 to use their pool and beach. I am sure the price went up but didn't do a ship excursion. But I thought I read in an Ocho Rios thread that the Grande was under renovation, so not sure if it is open.

Good luck

ruby13

I had called the 800# for Sunset Beach Resorts and they told me I had

to call the Sunset Jamaica Grande direct when they opened to find out

about day pass info. I called them direct on March 19 which is when they

were supposed to open but they said opening got pushed out to May, so you may have to wait until then to get the info.

Hey everyone, don't miss out on the free shot coupons that they hand out on your way into the island village. They are good for a kamikaze shot. Also just around the corner (to the right of Jimmy's) there is a cigar store. For those of you that like cigars, they have a lady that will hand roll a beautiful cigar for you right before your eyes. I found that they were on of the best in the caribbean, and only $2-$5 each!!! a nice way to enjoy your time at Jimmy's with a freshly rolled cigar and a cold one.

• 2 weeks later...

We're going the end of May. We plan to get one of the Taylors to give us a tour and since we are the only ship in dock that day I guess we can wait until May to decide what to do. Really want the Sunset Jamaica Grande though if it's open, That's why we'll wait. Has the same owners as the one in Montego Bay that everybody likes so much. Second time in Jamaica, didn't do the beach at all last time, except at the bottom of the falls and that doesn't really count:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All

Well Just back from Jimmy B's!!!!!!!!! It was great!!!! I had a Wicked Hangover from the party the night before when we left Grand Cayman!!!!!! Did the tilt your head back and let them pour booze down your throte!!!!!! WOW that was cool!!!!! Just throw a couple of bucks in their bucket of money. I threw a ten and I tell you what, they not to fast to get you change so I just drank it out of him. LOL Worked for the 2 of us. Hair of the dog I think???

Ate Nacho's swam in the pool wife went out on the beach, Kid went everywear around there. Safe Place to meet up with everyone from there day of fun and re-cap!!! Some of us just went right to Jimmy B's and kept the party rolling and did it roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't say much more what happens on the ship stays there!!! That and that day is a bit foggy???? LOL Great time by all!!!

Oh yea Locals are their for what ever you may need! Nice Cigars;)

• 4 weeks later...
I was at Jimmy's place on the 3rd of March. It was fantastic. There is a swim up bar, waterslide, beach access. When you walk from the ship to the Island village there is a guy handing out free shot coupons. I ended up having quite a few since my wife dosen't drink. Also go to Jimmy's caribbean website and find the lost shaker of salt. You'll get to print off a coupon good for a free margarita. There was a trivia game going on while we where there and I won a beer coolie! The souveniers are a little pricy compared to most other tourist traps, but they are Jimmy Buffett T's. In fact I think they were a buck or two less that in the original Margaritaville in Key West. The difference is night and day. KW is a seedy bar atmosphere and Ocho is a beach bar. Highly suggest going. There isn't much else to do in Ocho anyways as far as I'm concerned. I hope this helps. :cool:

Thanks for the info on Jimmy's place! We are on our way there in 25 days!! (And I found the shaker of salt!) :D

• 3 weeks later...

There's a beach???? We were there in 2003 with my best friend and her hubby. We walked to Island Village for the shopping and went to Margaritaville for a cold one. It was a sweltering day. Miserably hot for shopping. We have video of my girlfriend who jumped into a fountain for some relief in the shopping center! We had no idea there was a beach!

WooHoo!!! Found lost shaker of salt, now have 4 free drink coupons, 1 for each of us!! Now we just need to get there!:D

The salt shaker moves around the site, I found it looking through the clothes to buy. Had to actually click on a pair of shorts to look at sizes and it was at the bottom of the page, Just look at all of it!!:rolleyes:

did you just print it out 4 times?

There's a beach???? We were there in 2003 with my best friend and her hubby. We walked to Island Village for the shopping and went to Margaritaville for a cold one. It was a sweltering day. Miserably hot for shopping. We have video of my girlfriend who jumped into a fountain for some relief in the shopping center! We had no idea there was a beach!

Yep, right out back. Sand with water and jet skis, chairs, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Would definitely agree with Runner15km. Turtle Beach' date=' thru Ocean Village to

the left, not Island Village, is a very nice, expansive beach. From the ship you can see the small beach at Margaritaville which gets crowded, compared to the long beach on the left. A bit further down, but still within an easy walking distance, is where Sunset Jamaica Grande is undergoing renovations.[/quote']

beachin, we've been to Margaritaville and having been to Jamaica previously, we know it is not the nicest beach. You mentioned Turtle Beach as an alternative, would you happen to have any pics on it? Or does anyone on the board have any pics on Turtle Beach.Thanks

I don't think anyone ever answered the question about kids. Is it a place you can bring kids to? Did you see kids there when you went?

Yes, there were tons of kids there (the day we were in port). It's really no different than a Hard Rock Cafe, or any other place like that. There were people drinking (and some were toasted), but it was no different that what you are going to see on the ship (IMO).

Besides Margaritaville, the Island Village complex has other shops. It's a great place to spend the entire day...or just the afternoon. It's a stones throw from where the cruise ships dock, which makes it easy to meander across the parking lot to board the ship. The Island Village complex is for tourists...it's nothing like what you will encounter outside of the complex. If you purchase something, you pay the price that's marked. No one will hassle you over a thing (not that I remember anyway).

Have a great time! The food was good, and your kids will have a ball.... :)

I'm sorry, but how in the world did you miss the beach if you were at Margaritaville??? It's right out the back end. The back tables under the palapas are on the sand within spitting distance of the water. I'm not sure how it would be possible to go there and not see the beach. Oh, I know....

Otra margarita, senorita? :)

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Could you please tell me the web adress to finding the salt shakers to print out for a free drink and how can you get more than one because I have 4 people in my group?

How far is Margarittaville from ship in Ochos Rios?

Thanks and have a great day! CJ :) :)

www.margaritaville.com

I found our shaker in the purchase items section I think under tote bags or hats or something. You kind of have to search around. Be sure to print one for each member of your party.

Margaritaville is about a 5 min walk to get there from the ship. Only because you go all the way up to the main entrance and then come back down to the restaurant. You can see the ship from the tables.

Archived