Margaritaville in Ocho Rios

Chucksta63

I was at Jimmy's place on the 3rd of March. It was fantastic. There is a swim up bar, waterslide, beach access. When you walk from the ship to the Island village there is a guy handing out free shot coupons. I ended up having quite a few since my wife dosen't drink. Also go to Jimmy's caribbean website and find the lost shaker of salt. You'll get to print off a coupon good for a free margarita. There was a trivia game going on while we where there and I won a beer coolie! The souveniers are a little pricy compared to most other tourist traps, but they are Jimmy Buffett T's. In fact I think they were a buck or two less that in the original Margaritaville in Key West. The difference is night and day. KW is a seedy bar atmosphere and Ocho is a beach bar. Highly suggest going. There isn't much else to do in Ocho anyways as far as I'm concerned. I hope this helps. :cool:

We went to Margaritaville last January while on the Navigator. We had a blast. We sat at the poolside tables, ordered Red Stripes listened to all the DJ action and game playing. I would highly recommend it, we have very fond memories. Spend the entire day there and each couples bill was about $50, that included drinks and food. Plus many free shots...

We sailed on the Mariner the first week of March and our 2nd port was Ocho Rios. We did the Dunn's River Falls thing, then spent a couple hours at Island Village. Nice souvenier shops there; no haggling. We had drinks at Margeritaville and bought T-shirts there. Pool and beach looked nice there, although we didn't get in water. Just sat at bar and enjoyed the ambience! You'll enjoy it!:)

a few steps from the cruise ship and you are there ..

wonderful shopping in the Village that Margaritaville is located in ..

for all you David Yurman lovers, Tropicana jewelers are located there .. wonderful help and great a/c...

right down from Margaritaville is a wonderful icecream shop too...

nice experience .. and nice beach ...

enjoy!

The beach in the Something (forgot the name) Village is very small.. and you can hit Margaritaville. But if you want something quiet that beach is quite nice and also the shops are very nice too...

and you are not obligated to get the drinks at Margaritaville .. since the drinks at Margaritaville are costly because of the name.

WooHoo!!! Found lost shaker of salt, now have 4 free drink coupons, 1 for each of us!! Now we just need to get there!:D

The salt shaker moves around the site, I found it looking through the clothes to buy. Had to actually click on a pair of shorts to look at sizes and it was at the bottom of the page, Just look at all of it!!:rolleyes:

Just edited my previous post. You really need to search everywhere on the site.

I wouldn't bother with links to other margaritavilles though. Think it would be somewhere in the Ocho Rios site. May take awhile but it's about the hunt and the cruise and the FUN!!:D

Thanks. Hey, we're cruising the same weekend. I am going to be on the 05/21/05 Caribbean Princess cruise. What about you?

By the way, where in Colorado are you? I am a huge Broncos fan. I got to tour Invesco Field when I spent 10 days in Denver last year. It was a dream come true!

Paul

It's really a fun place. The shopping area (Island Village) has all sorts of different shops. Here's a picture from a ship. The beach on the right of the picture is right next to Margaritaville. To get to the island village complex, you get off the ship, walk through the pink building, and then just across the parking lot is the entrance to the place. It's makes it real easy to mosey back to the ship when it's time to leave...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/73375963/73376395KuUDaD

• 2 weeks later...

Would definitely agree with Runner15km. Turtle Beach, thru Ocean Village to

the left, not Island Village, is a very nice, expansive beach. From the ship you can see the small beach at Margaritaville which gets crowded, compared to the long beach on the left. A bit further down, but still within an easy walking distance, is where Sunset Jamaica Grande is undergoing renovations.

Any idea if the Sunset Jamaica Grande is going to be offered as an excursion by the ships or if they will have a day pass like the one in Montego Bay? Going in May and their website says they will reopen then but that is all I can find out!:confused:

Archived