***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Sharon, the last time I had went they gave me the all clear and now I only have to go every 5 years.

With Blues Feasts and the World Cup Races the downtown area will be packed and a place to stay clear of.

It is going to be extremely hot today and late this afternoon heavy rain, high winds and hail. Your area is set to get it first before us.

I got home about 1 am this morning from, playing bunco last night.

Well you did very good to get the walk in and come back home and to make it to the dinner in the time that you did. Today is a good day to just stay inside and keep cool. I just got back from a GK's ball game.

Stay cool a front is moving in and temps only in the 70's tomorrow.

Kathy

That is good you don't have to go back for 5 years, I don't either.

I have the house all closed up, with the blinds closed to keep out the sun. The windows are on both sides of the house, East and West, so in the afternoon the sun really shines in here. Yesterday I wasn't home enough to bother with the air conditioning and today was gone most of the day, but now trying to just use a fan to keep the air moving instead of turning on the air. Since its supposed to get cooler figured I'd ride it out, maybe I'll put it on later not sure.

I took 2 older tv's that both worked fine but we got new flat screens a while ago, to the recycle place this morning. They were charging .50 a pound or maximum $30 each. Well they didn't even weigh them and told me $60. I only had $55 dollars with me so they took it. I don't think it would have been that much if they would have weighed them but it was really busy and they were trying to push people through the line. I really hadn't planned on paying that much to get rid of them!

So did they win the baseball game? Bet it was hot sitting there watching it.

You must have had a good time at bunco to get home so late, or is that pretty normal a time.

My granddaughter put on facebook that they had spent the morning trying to find a baby lobster one of her kids said he saw. Turns out it when they found it, it was a scorpion! Yikes!

So no plans tonight, just going to watch some TV.

Sharon

Sharon, we turned on the air yesterday as it was so hot. Today we have it off as it is nice and cool. It was extremely hot sitting in the sun and they lost the game anyway.

We leave on Thursday for SEA and return on Sunday. They pay for everything except the transportation and that is free for us.

Then the second weekend in July we will go to Oshkosh and Bill will be getting ready setting up for the Air Venture at the end of July. I will spend the time with my Aunt and they are putting us up and feeding us as well.

We have a couple of recycling places around here and they do not charge us to drop off TV's. I am surprised that they charged you so much.

Kathy

I read that Seattle is one of the top places to go for vacation. I have never been there but have a friend who's daughter lives around there. She says its beautiful. I know you will have a great time.

Feels so good in the house tonight with the cool air blowing in. It will be grest sleeping!

Have another walk tomorrow morning, should be a good day for it.

Wednesday a friend said she will go with me on a dry run to the Milwaukee airport so when I go to Texas I'll know how to get there.

Is Air Venture a run thing? The same group that is connected with the Seattle thing?

Went to the show today saw Now You See Me. It wasn't a real good movie just somewhat intertaining. I wouldn't recommend it. I had a free pass for my birthday so it didn't cost any thing.

Sharon

Sharon, they call SEA the Emerald City. Does not get real hot there at all with nice breezes off the ocean. So Bill is a coach with the Brooks running, and I am sure you have heard of Brook's products.

I am surprised that you have not heard of the Air Venture in Oshkosh every year. It is the largest fly in air show in the world. It runs every year the last week of July.

So you are on a walk this morning. It was nice having the cooler temps yesterday. Rain is forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday. So we will just have to wait and see if our bocce gets rained out or not.

So a friend is taking you to the MKE airport on Wednesday to show you how to get there. When exactly are you leaving for Texas? Isn't that where they have been getting all of the flooding from the rains?

Kathy

No never heard of Brooks, and am wondering what Bill has to do with Air Venture. I'm thinking its an air show, not a running event.

Got my new bike tonight. My friend that opened a bike store with her son had shown me pictures of several. I like this one, it has the things I wanted, a kick stand a back fender and upright handle bars. It also has 7 gears. Looking forward to taking it for a spin. I should probably get a helmet too.

Had a nice walk this morning then went to the pool. Going to have to cut grass the next day or so though.

I'm going to Texas in a couple weeks. Where they live it has not flooded, they got rain but not like other places.

Sharon

Sharon, the next time you go to a place that sells running or walking appeal, look for the Brooks ID. Next to Underarmor they are very popular.

I thought I have told you that Bill is retired from United. So being involved in aviation for most of his life is one key point and why we can fly for free. So he is a member of EAA, Experiential Aircraft Association. The head quarters is in Oshkosh and they have local chapters all over the country. So every year they have this air show the last week in July. It is the largest fly in air show in the world. My aunt went back yesterday and she lives just across the street from the airport.

I thought I would have woke up to rain this morning, but they have taken most of the rain out of the forecast for today as it has gone south of us. Did you get any rain yesterday. I saw on radar that your area was getting rain.

I remember us flying in and out of Milwaukee airport a few years ago. I remember it being way outside of Milwaukee.

Now that you have the bike that you want. I will have to get on Bill to take his bike and see if I can find 1 that I like.

Kathy

Yes I did know Bill retired from United, I just didn't connect the air show with that. Should be a fun thing to watch. I imagine your aunt can almost just look out her window and see the whole thing.

Yesterday during the walk, I tripped somehow and fell in the grass, no problem didn't get hurt. Today going into zumba I tripped and fell on the sidewalk. That hurt. I hit my check and have a nice blue spot on it now, but also seemed to have twisted my left thigh somehow and can barely walk. They called the police to take an accident report but I told him I thought I was ok, he said if I needed to go to the doctor later they would pay for it. I think its just a pulled muscle but don't think I can go to the walk tomorrow afternoon unless it gets a whole lot better. Also, no way I could try and ride the bike, can't put any weight on my leg without giving out or hurting. I don't know how come I have fallen the last two days, hope something isn't happening!

We got a brief shower, looked like one cloud had rain in it, but the rest of the afternoon was hot and sunny. Also today again hot and sunny. Wanted to cut some grass, waiting to see if it cools off a little later on.

Sharon

Sharon, yes it could be sprained or something worse. It might be a good thing to have it checked out to just make sure.

I guess it rained last night judging by puddles this morning, and yes it did rain a bit last night but not for very long.

We are leaving tomorrow and Bill needs to let me know when we have to leave and parking. So I am sure he will be doing all of that today. So we leave tomorrow and return on Sunday.

I am sorry that you have fallen twice now. So I hope that nothing is wrong. But still you should go and have things checked out. Maybe they can do some tests to see what is going on. Best to be safe.

Kathy

Have a great time!

My leg muscle is loosening up a little bit, a little bit easier to walk. I will just watch and hope that nothing else happens. If I fall again then I definitely will go and see whats up.

Went to the airport today, we went around 3 times to make sure where to park and how to get back out. My friend had no trouble telling me how to get in, but she always parked at the expensive lot and I didn't want to do that. The regular lot was $7 a day, the one she parked at was $14. So then she couldn't remember how to get back out. But after 3 tries I think we got it pretty good.

Hot today and humid, I don't like it this hot!

Sharon

Sharon, we returned home at ORD this morning at 5:30 and we were in bed back home at 8 am. We had a great time and left 50's and returned to the 90's today.

Back to the bump and grind tomorrow. We sure did a lot of walking around the area. They took us in buses almost every where. But on the things we did on our own we did walking.

It was a nice break to get away for a few days and to see more of the SEA area.

Kathy

Glad you had a good time, what all did you do snd what was your favorite thing you did. I have been following my granddaughters trip with that company she selks stuff with. This is their 6th trip and this time it was to wine ****ry in San Francisco.

I am still limping along a little, not going to zumba this week since I leave on Friday hoping to be able to walk good. Have actually hurt my other knee by putting so much weight on it trying not to use the sore one. Everything I do involves walking so this has been very annoying.

I finally yurned on the a/c today, was judt too hot not to.

Good you got in some sleep so you will be all bright eyed for work tomorrow, ha ha

Sharon

Sharon, by far the 2 most photo taken events in that area are the Pikes Market and the Space Needle. We went to the market first and saw the original Starbucks and a few blocks away Nordstorms was also founded there as well. We would not have known if one of our friends hadn't told us from their experience. As we showed up around 1pm and they were selling tickets for 3:30. So Bill asked if there was a way to get to the front of the line, and it is called a Blast Pass, where you pay more and you go right to the front of the line. So by the timer we bought our tickets and got to the top it was less than 1/2 hour.

Then the following day we took a Duck Tour. So that is a vehicle where they tour the area and tell stories and then go into the water and show you things from the area from the water. We went right by the house boat from the movie Sleepless In Seattle.

I am sorry to hear that you are still having problems with your leg. I thought you had said before we left it was getting better. Maybe you should have gone and have a Dr check it out, especially since it is not getting any better. So you leave on Friday and return on Sunday?

Kathy

That was a good tip to buy the blast pass, was it for the space needle? I would like to go there someday too, but probably not going to happen now. They have the "ducks" at the Dells too. Our family rode them years ago.

I am coming back on Monday so will have the weekend with them. They just got back today from Napa Valley and Sonoma wine countries, maybe they were able to bring some back.

My leg is getting better but still not 100%, don't think dr could have done anything but gave me a prescription for muscle relaxor or pain pills.

Been making my own hummingbird mixture, 1 cup sugar to 4 cups hot water. Found out the red stuff they sell in stores is not good for them at all. I have one little bird that comes everyday for a few drinks. So tiny and cute!

Felt sorry for my sister when I talked with her the other day, she said she just wants to go home but she doesn't have one. Really sad to be in that situation. Wish I knew how to help her get her own place that she could afford.

Sharon

Sharon, yes that pass was for the Space Needle.

So it rained for about 10 minutes yesterday afternoon and that was it. The next chance for rain it tomorrow.

That sounds like a nice trip for you. I know it has taken me 2 days to recover from our trip, with getting up early and just the plane travel stuff.

So that is good that you can make your own stuff for the birds. I did not know that about the red stuff, and that you even had those birds coming to your place.

Yes, you can feel sorry about your sister. But remember how she drove you crazy living at your place and that she is the only 1 to blame, as she has put herself in this place and never had any plans of her own. Just living day to day.

Kathy

I made my flights late enough in the afternoon that I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to get there. I will leave in plenty of time and just wait at the airport, you never know when there will be road construction or an accident to hold you up.

I went to the pool today with the zumba gals. I didn't go to zumba and won't the rest of the week. I want to make sure I can walk good on Friday and the weekend while I am there. I know the birthday party is on Saturday but don't know what we will do on Sunday. Maybe go to her mom's house, she has alot of horses and had a bunch of babies this spring. Would be nice to see them. But I will leave it up to them what they want to do. They will probably tell me more about their wine country trip, I know the pictures she put on facebook looked really nice.

I turned off the air tonight, actually a little cool outside now. We have not had any rain lately but they are predicting some bad weather tomorrow. We'll see if it makes it here or not, of course its the night you place bocce, as usual.

Yes, I know my sister drove me crazy, but I was not in the best place mentally to handle it right then either. I do feel sorry for her because she thought she was all set, had lived in the rental home for probably 10 years before her son told her she couldn't live there anymore. I still don't know how he can do that to his mom, she helped him out his whole life. Anyway, I hope she can get a rent assisted apartment but I think there is quite a demand for them everywhere, down there and up here.

I bet you are really glad you went with to Seattle, even though you had to catch up when you got home. Have to go while you are able to and enjoy it with your husband.

Sharon

Sharon, that is good that your flights are at a reasonable time for you to get there and back. Now hopefully the weather will corporate so you do not encounter any weather delays.

Now for us playing tonight, it will be a coin toss. Woke up to heavy downpours early this morning. More expected later on this morning.

That is good being in the pool to help you leg out. Maybe a few more visits will only help you out, so you will not have any issues while away.

I agree that your sister's son did not help her out any nor his wife. But where she is at now hopefully will work out for the best. Agreed that there will be a long list to get her in her own place.

Yes, a nice short trip away and we also did a lot of things while away. A real change from a break from the intense heat to much cooler weather.

Kathy

I talked, yes actually talked with instead of texting, with my granddaughter this afternoon. She is going to pick me up at the airport and I needed to tell her what time to be there. Looks like we got it arranged so should work out pretty good.

We had a few sprinkles this morning and a few this afternoon but that was all. Before I left for to meet the girls I heard thunder but no more rain or lightening. Guess it mostly missed us again and went south.

Going to have to pack some things tomorrow, just taking a carry on, but have been procrastinating for some reason. Tomorrow just got to get to it!

Wondering if you got your game in or not tonight. Isn't it funny that every Wednesday its doing something weatherwise?

Sharon

Sharon, we were very lucky to have gotten all of our games in last night. It stopped raining around 4:30, and we were home only 10 minutes when we started getting alerts on the severe weather moving in. So around 9 it all hit and I had heard down at Soldiers Field they held everyone for 1/2 hour waiting for the bad weather to pass. So very lucky to get the games in as we were rushing as we knew the storms were coming. Our game was tied at the buzzer and we played overtime and lost by 1 point.

So you are leaving tomorrow and returning on Monday. I hope you have a great time away and that you do not have any issues with your leg while traveling. Just returning from traveling I know all too well what a pain it is packing and going through security.

Once again, enjoy and have a great time away.

Kathy

Yes, packed and ready, still thinking of things I need to throw in the suitcase or my purse. It will be a new experience going by myself wish Bill was here to go with me!

Good thing you hurried and got your game in, but maybe that is why you lost by 1 point, you were doing so good too. Do you know what standing you are in yet?

It has been so nice here today, only got to 76 and a nice breeze too. Suppose to be almost 100 in Texas and very high humidity. My GG said, bring cool clothes but thinking that will probably be inside most of the time except Saturday for the birthday party. Most always the a/c is too cold in restaurants and stores.

Taking my tablet so probably will check in while I'm gone if the Wifi works at the hotel.

Sharon

Sharon, we had 2 new players that have been away until now. So we were doing good just did not make it count. We should have stayed the same, but will not know until next week.

So you should be off and away by now. I have heard about flooding in Texas. So I do not know if the area you are going has had that or not. I know it was a delight going from 90's here to 40's and 50's in SEA. So for you going from hot to hotter.

Enjoy and have a great time. I hope all goes well and that your flights will be safe and on time. Milwaukee should be much better than O'Hare.

Kathy

Milwaukee was so much easier and quieter than Ohare. I got there with no problems and was the only one sitting at the gate for quite a while since I got there early. However was surprised after booking a window seat to see I was sitting in the only row on the plane that did not have a window! It was like sitting in a closet. Luckily the flight home is in a different row.

I am at the Baymont hotel tonight and so glad I made these reservations. My granddaughter does have lots of room but not extra beds. They were going to have me sleep in their bed and they were going to each sleep with one of the kids. I said no I didn't want them to do thst so they all slept in their king bed and I slept in one of the kids' twin bed.

They had an 18 foot blow up water slide and the kids all played on it all afternoon. I had them bring me to the hotel about 6pm. I can take a shower, watch tv and just relax tonight. Kids are always sooooo busy, all the time. They are picking me up tomorrow for church then breakfast then to go see all the new horses and colts and steers at her moms house. Should be a fun day, but it is hot and humid here.

The Baymont room is nice and clean with a king bed. They have biscuits, sausage and gravy for breakfast, included, tomorrow. The kids today did not eat breakfast or drink coffee. So I will enjoy that tomorrow morning. I had saw on one of tge rebiews to watch for the extra room safe charge they auttmatically put on your bill,. They did and I told them to take it off as I would not be using the safe. Saved a few dollars anyway.

Sharon

Sharon, that is strange that you booked a window seat and you sat in the only row that did not have a window. Also nice that Milwaukee was nice and quiet versus what you would have gone through at O'Hare.

I have heard of that hotel before. So nice to have all of your own stuff and not have to shear with anyone. Good that you read about that extra charge that they get you with. Really those should be free. Nice to have a breakfast included as well. It was very hot here yesterday and today as well. Supposed to get thunderstorms later on this afternoon.

So it sounds like everyone is having a good time and that you are enjoying yourself as well. Enjoy the rest of today and your flight home tomorrow.

For bocce we stayed the same. So we still have a chance to redeem ourselves this week.

Kathy

Packed up and ready to head to the airport. My GD is picking me up at 9am.

Yesterday went to church with them, was different but good. Kind of like a stage show, music, fog big screens and then the sermon. Don't think they have baptisms or maybe not communion at least if they do, not often.

Then went to breakfast and out to her mom's 70 acre horse and cattle farm. Got to see all the frisky baby horses and calves. Hot here in upper 90's.

Only been 3 days but ready to come home. They have been asking me to move here, saying what's keeping you there. Guess the answer is my friends, have no other readon.

This afternoon will be home!

Sharon

Sharon, you should be flying home by now. It sounds like you have had a nice full weekend and have enjoyed your time away. Always good to get away, but good to return home.

It was in the 90's yesterday and all of the rain went south of us. Today another hot day and then a big cool down for the rest of the week. Next chance of rain is Thursday.

I did not know that they were trying to get you to move there. But you bring up a good point, that all of your friends are here.

Time has gone by so quickly that this coming weekend is the July 4th holiday and that means that summer will be 1/2 over.

Kathy