***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Boarding was delayed because of mechanical issues, then we were told the problem couldn't be corrected so they were sending for a plane from Milwaukee. But tgen tgey found a closer plane, we changed gates and finally boarded 2 hrs later. So I didn't get home till after 9pm. It was a long day, I had only eaten breakfast.

It was nice and cool here this morning, I opened the windows and cooled off the house. It's good to be home.

There was no flooding down there, hadn't even had rain for a while. But they are caught up from all the rain they had this spring.

Sharon

Sharon, there are always some issues when flying. It sounds like they were all caught up in finding a real solution to replacing the broken plane. But at least you finally got home safe and sound. It sounds like you enjoyed yourself and had generally a very good time.

Yes, the past few days we have given our A/C a much needed rest. It is good to have the cooler temps and to open the windows and let the fresh air in. I also see that the rain that was forecast for tomorrow has been taken out of the forecast.

So how is your leg doing? Did you have any problems while in Texas?

Kathy

No trouble with my leg in TX, still can feel a little twinge but doesn't cause me problems. I went to zumba today and going on a 4 mile walk tomorrow morning. Was worried about the rain for tomorrow but now they say it won't rain till evening.

I have my A/C turned off too, with the window open it gets pretty cool in here.

Hope you got your game in, oretty nice tonight. Also hope you won!

Was talking about the 4th tonight with the girls. Told them I would take a lawn chair and

go watch the fireworks by myself. Ooe of the other gals said since her husband and son work at a marina, where the fireworks will be, they would be working quite late getting people's boats. She asked if I wanted to drive up with her, then meet them after work since the fireworks are shot off over the water. So that sounds better than going by myself.

It's my sister's birthday tomorrow, I just sent her a check since she can use money more than anything else. She has lined up a cardiologist, a cancer dr and a GP. She has appmnts with each of them the next two weeks. She said she didn't know if she felt a lump or scar tissue in that one breast area. I told her to go find out and not wait.

Tonight at the bar they had made a big pile of chicken on the grill and spaghetti and meatballs, along with fresh Italian bread. I had ate before I went but had to try a little of each. It was good. So we all ate again for free.

Sharon

Sharon, so you are doing your 4 mile walk today. The weather will be nice once again, and I heard that maybe late tonight we will get rain.

Last night was a good night as well. We did get our game in and we also won big, against a good team.

So it looks like on Wednesday's you should not eat, since the owner almost every Wednesday he is fixing something for you all to eat.

Well I should say so that it is much better going with someone else to watch the fireworks on the 4th, rather than doing it all alone. We will just watch all of the fireworks from our front porch. As they will be shooting them off all around our area.

Kathy

Hey good for your team winning again! More fun when you win isn't it.

Yes did the 4.2 mile walk. My legs are tired and even with the bigger shoes I have 2 sore toes. We were walking a section of the lake path. So many beautiful homes and landscaping but couldn't look at them too much had to watch where you were walking. Lots of thick grass, tree roots and holes every now and them.

Got home, had some lunch and then cut the grass. So it really needs to rain, some spots in the lawn turning brown. Flowers could use a good soaking too.

From now on I will not eat before I go on Wed night. Can always buy something if nothing is already made to eat

How's work going? Boss keeping his nose out of your business?

Sharon

Sharon, as far as the jerk goes. Sometimes he goes golfing and other times he does not come in until close to me going home and then he wants to go over things with me. I tell him he should have come in earlier as I am leaving now and I am not sticking around when I have been here all day long.

They were talking about storms last night. But I cannot tell if we got anything last night, as I do not see puddles anywhere. I agree that we do need the rain and there is not much in the forecast for the next week.

It was a good day for you walking yesterday. It is good that you were able to get out and do the walking and it sounds like there were nice views as well.

Yes, it is always good when we win. But who knows from week to week what will happen. We just have to keep our best game on when playing.

Kathy

Was hoping that we would get the rain they said was coming, but no, no rain at all last night. It's really nice outside today, a little cooler and no humidity. Think they are now saying 30% chance of rain on Monday.

Doing another walk tomorrow morning, then they are having a pancake day afterwards. So will walk and then eat. Not sure how long this walk is, hope not too long, legs still a little tired from yesterday.

Good for you, telling your boss like it is, finally maybe get a little respect.

Sharon

Sharon, we did not get any rain either. But it has been nice cooling off the house just by opening up the windows. Bill has been watering everyday with the lack of rain. So this morning you are doing another walk. Today is a nice day to be out walking.

So a long weekend. These holidays come too few between at that place. We heard fireworks shooting off around us last night. The closer to the holiday we get the more we will be hearing.

What are your plans for this long weekend?

Kathy

I too have been hearing fireworks tonight that people are setting off.

Today did the 5K walk then had pancakes in the park. Tons of people getting pancakes this morning. They have it every year the same day as the walk. Last night In the evening, met one of the Wed night gals up at the park to listen to music. They have different music groups on weekends play outside. Everyone brings their lawn chair to listen or dance. They have a good sized area for dancing. Bill and I used to dance a little there if a good song was sung.

The rest of the day today worked in the yard. Tomorrow going to church then have to stick around to let my pet sitters dog out at 3pm.

Monday might go to the pool if "guests" go home and there aren't too many people still there. If there are will go Tuesday instead after zumba.

Really like this weather, hate to see the warm up coming.

Sharon

Edited by timeormoney

Sharon, later on this week we will be back in the high temps once again. Thus far the weather has been great for opening up the windows.

I'll bet the dog does not like the loud noises with shooting off the fireworks. There will be a lot tonight and into tomorrow, all over the place.

Well that sounded like a good day yesterday, walking and then the pancakes afterwards. It was certainly a great day to be out walking.

It does feel good just relaxing and not doing anything. A real break having tomorrow off and a short work week.

Kathy

It was another beautiful day today. I saw right away why the one dog was named Casper. He was a little chubby white poodle, very friendly. I let them both out then took them back in and fed them their food she had left for them. Then we went back outside, I sat in a chair and watched the traffic go by and they both laid down and enjoyed the breeze. It was so nice hated to put them back in the house. I don't think they hear the fireworks as much, they are another couple of miles away from town then I am.

Met a friend for dinner, then went for a car ride further out in the country and stopped at Culvers for an ice cream cone.

We get another bonus day tomorrow, excited to go see the fireworks, haven't been for a few years.

Enjoy your day tomorrow, it will be a short week ahead.

Sharon

Sharon, we saw a good viewing of fireworks last night from our front porch and from our kitchen window. There should be much more tonight. I would not want to be driving anyplace far away with all of the traffic. After the fireworks there was a line of cars moving by our house coming from the fireworks show.

Today is another very nice day as far as the weather goes. Wednesday it is going into the 90's once again. So we should enjoy it while it lasts. Feels good having the windows open and letting the breeze inside.

Yes, it has been nice not getting up early and just relaxing inside. I forgot to tell you that I stopped the jerk from moving across the street from us. I told him the club was sold and the new owners are thinking about donating the Illinois part to Cook County. So I said do you want to be looking at people grilling by the lake and everyone fishing. I do not need that jerk living across the street from us.

Enjoy and have a great day today.

Kathy

Thst was good you could see the fireworks from your house instead of gettin in all the traffic. I had a good time with my friend and her family. She made all kinds of food, and the weather was good.

I went to a parade this morning. They had lots of tractors. .My church had a float in a different parade and wanted members to walk or ride on the float. I didn't even go watch since I had already went to the one in the morning.

Back to zumba in the morning,

Sharon

Edited by timeormoney

Sharon, last night was a different story. As there were far more local fireworks being shot off all around us. I could smell the heavy odor of sulfur from the fireworks as they were so close. I always worry that someone will land one of them on our roof and start it on fire. I saw some places that burned down from that very same cause on TV.

It was good that you were out and had a good time watching the displays and eating out as well. The weather was certainly great. Now it will be warming up and high humidity moving in as well.

So you are back to Zumba today. Are you going to the pool as well? Back to the bump and grind for me. But at least it is a short week.

Kathy

Yes fireworks can be dangerous, especially in towns or cities where there are lots of homes. People don't use common sense either.

Yes did zumba this morning and then went to the beach. One of the zumba gals lives in town and can get passes which are good for 10 admittances for $6.00. So two of us bought them from her. It is the first time we went, the water was chilly but you could get used to it pretty quick. There was a lot of boat traffic. People must have still had the day off I guess. The lake is Lake Geneva. Depending on the weather, we will go again either to the lske or the pool one day this week. I use a 50 sun screen but still getting tan. I ordered a long sleeve UV pull on shirt to wear but have not gotten it yet. My skin dr would not be happy to see how brown I've gotten.

Pretty hot today and still tonight. Have the windows open but there is no breeze at all.

Sharon

Sharon, I have never heard of paying for admission to a beach. What exactly is that all about? But yes it was humid yesterday and we turning on the A/C in the evening. This morning woke up to heavy thunderstorms and it looks like we could get some more. Games tonight up in the air.

That is good that you are back to Zumba and going to the pool or to the beach as well. But now it is going to be getting real hot for the next week. You certainly have to be careful when being outside in this intense sun. But it sounds like you do have good protection for yourself. I know I would burn and no way would I ever get brown.

We still hear people shooting off fireworks that they did not use and have some leftovers. But all in all most of the big stuff was all blown off.

Kathy

I think most of the beaches around the lake have a fee to get into. The one we go to is the most reasonable since we got the passes pretty cheap.

We went to the pool today, yes very hot. Met some nice people that are on vacation. Quite a few seem to have taken the week off of work.

Got a call from the lawyer, a trial date was set for Nov, but they are proposing a settlement, in regards only to the house that is not in the trust, it seems to be fair and will help to move this along. It would have nothing to do with the Trust, so I am going to take it. He said they have bigger fish than me to fry in regards to the original lawyer that screwed everything up so bad. Evidently they are suing him and his wife.

It was a pretty decent night, hot but no rain so you probably were able to play tonight, hope you won!

Haven't heard any fireworks going off here, maybe they have shot them all off by now.

Sharon

Sharon, yes we did not get any rain last night and all of the games were played. However we got beat bad by a team that had only won once. We started in third place coming from 5th to 3rd. Now we will most likely end in 4th.

Yes, it had been real hot and humid. I guess we could get some severe weather around here later on this afternoon.

Well that sounds like a good deal on getting those passes to get into the beach. In Michigan they charge you to park you car but anyone can access the beach with no charge. They only charge you to allow you to park your car in the beach parking lot. So this a good weather to be going to the beach and going into the water.

I am planning on getting out of work early so we can drive to Oshkosh tomorrow and as not to be getting there not so late.

Kathy

Another little get-away, will be nice! Leaving early is a really good idea, seems that on Fridays there is a lot more traffic for some reason. I know here it's all headed north.

Just did zumba today, no pool, kinda cloudy and sprinkling. Was on the computer and all of a sudden got a zeus virus that blocked any access to my computer. I called Norton and they were able to get rid of it and I didn't lose anything. There was an official screen that said it was microsoft but the word authorized was spelled wrong so I knew right away it wasn't a good phone number to call for help like it said. Thank goodness for norton. All I did was click on a google site that wasn't really a google site. So easy to be fooled.

Talked to my sister in Florida today, she went to the general practitioner doctor today and found she has lost 10 more pounds. All her life she was overweight so she is thrilled that she is so thin now. But she was only 117 when she left here so that is not a good thing and I told her so. I'm worried that it is the cancer again, but didn't say that. I told her she better start eating better or her organs would start shutting down and she would get very weak. Has me worried.

Too bad about the loss, and to a team that hadn't won many either, guess your Bill didn't play, huh?

Have fun this weekend,

Sharon

Sharon, yes Bill did play and I sat out. Everyone has bad days, but the other team got all of the breaks.

Yesterday and even today is very humid. It started pouring rain around 6:30 here and only lasted about 1/2 hour. I guess we could get something this afternoon.

I know you have to be real careful with virus on the computer. They are really trying hard to take over personal computers. So you were lucky that you were able to get the problem resolved.

It is too bad about your sister. But her son's should be on top of any kind of care for her. It does not sound like she really has any kind of plans to properly care for herself.

It is hard to say when exactly I will get out of here. Bill wants to be on the road at noon. I will just have to wait and see if the jerk is coming in or not.

Enjoy and have a good weekend.

Kathy

So hope you were able to get away when you wanted to. I know its hard sometimes.

I did another walk this morning, there were about 30 or so of us. It was at a place called the White River Trail. Must have been railroad tracks before they took then out and made a really nice path. Was almost 3 miles we all walked but the trail goes on and on.

I was cutting some branches this afternoon, one fell right on my nose. It hurt so bad I thought it was broke. I put ice on it off and on but where it hit immediately turned blue and swelled. Now I also have two black eyes. Just got rid of the blue mark on my cheek. Going to be sore for quite a while.

Guess you will be back sometime Sunday.

Sharon

Sharon, the jerk was being nothing but that on Friday and I did not get out until 2:30. We were on the road at 2:45, and many accidents and traffic. We took a route that you suggested a few years ago the scenic route along the lake and right by the Great Lakes Training Base. So I 94 into 41 and took that into Wisconsin and then 43 into 41 one again right into Oshkosh.

We were on the road around noon yesterday and stopped at the Brat Stop In Kenosha on the way home. Traffic was heavy but always kept moving. We got home around 4:30 and after 5 we went out once again to see the viewing of Bill's first play on the big screen. It was just like watching all of them live in life size. So got back home around 10:30, and went right to bed.

We stayed in a old farm house that you shear with other's. We had our own bedroom and we could lock it. Where the other's had room's with bunks in them. So they put us up and fed us 3 meals a day. While Bill was working I was visiting with my aunt.

Wow, too bad about getting hit with that branch. How are you doing. It sounds like a freak accident.

So now it looks like 90's all of this week with very little rain. Stay cool.

Kathy

Gosh, I don't even remember telling you about that route, but glad it worked out for you. Too bad you didn't get to leave a little earlier though.

I didn't know Bill was working up there, nice you were able to go along. The place you stayed at sounds like of like a bed and breakfast but not exactly. Were the others staying there part of what Bill was doing? Bet your aunt enjoyed the visit!

I ended up with only one black eye, but the top of my nose looks really bad. It's going to change into many different colors before it goes away, probably be several weeks!

I called the mower man today, he came and picked up my mower. Nothing wrong with the engine, its the bracket that holds the front wheel on the mower deck. he will have to weld it back on.

I was doing some checking on the IRA that I found out about in June from Bill. I called and asked if a RMD, required minimum distribution had been made. Yes it had, a check was issued on Dec 15th, and it had been cashed on Dec 28th. The check had been to sent to Bill's house since he was using it as an office. The only one that has access to the house and the mail is his daughter. I think she has gotten herself in some trouble this time. The IRA is in American Funds and they are now doing a research and requesting a copy of the check. As soon as he died, the money was supposed to go to me since I am the only beneficiary. They never knew Bill had passed away and I never knew that the IRA was there. The only one that did know was his daughter. Now I'm wondering if she claimed the money on the taxes since she also got the 1099R. I got a copy of it today. Will be interesting to see how she gets out of this one.

So where did you watch the movie of Bill's first play? Sounds like a fun time, bet he enjoyed watching it too.

Stay cool,

Sharon

Sharon, many volunteers and most of them do their own camping with their own campers. Everyone who is put up at the house is a volunteer. We started out on Friday with just 4 of us. Then 3 more showed up on Saturday. This is all getting ready for the Air Venture the last week of July. This is the largest fly in air show in the world.

Well hopefully everyday you will be getting better. Cutting all of that grass is rough on the mower. So just about every year you have to have something done to fix it so it works properly for you.

It should not surprise you that the daughter would do something like that. I do not know what you would call that, fraud, embezzlement, or just down right steeling. But certainly she has done wrong, and she thinks she is entitlement to everything and anything.

The movie was watched at the play theater where they staged the actually plays. It was like watching it live with them all being so big on the screen.

Another very hot day and rain tomorrow.

Kathy

Where is the fly show located? I have only ever been to one and that was in St Louis by the arch years ago. Was really impressed with the stealth bomber. It came flying in like crazy, stopped mid air then went up and down like a helicopter. I never forgot seeing that.

The mower guy already got the mower fixed and brought it back this afternoon. I was going to cut grass but it was just too hot. Will wait for a little cooler weather. The grass really hasn't grown, its just the weeds again.

My new lawyer has already contacted "their" lawyer and will try to get that money back after he finds out what account it was deposited in and if she claimed it on last years taxes or not. American Funds said that since bill had set up a date for the distribution and they had sent it to the address on record and since they had not been notified of his death, that they had fulfilled their obligation and would not pursue getting the money back.

I stopped and got a couple of hot cabbage rolls at the grocery store this morning after zumba, will heat them up for dinner. That way I won't have to cook in this heat.

Sharon