***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

I think I saw that movie, it had Leonado Dicaprrio in it. Bet it was a good play.

Your weekend with "the girls" sounds like a fun time. Hope to hear what all you do together when you get back. I don't remember hearing you had a sister, must not see her too often.

You are right I did go back to the park tonight. I sat with a friend I knew from line dancing years ago. She had called a guy we both knew who had also line danced back then. She told him she wanted to polka and needed a partner so he came. She told me she would share him with me but I told her I was just there to watch. But then he asked me to dance so I did. After a little while a guy I knew from the Friday night dance place and church came and wanted me to polka with him. So between the two of them my friend and I danced quite a bit. Turned out to be a fun night.

I got the grass cut today, figured I better do it since it was a little cooler.

Sharon

Sharon, you are absolutely right about that play. He did play the lead role in the move.

Yes, yesterday was a very good day to have gone to that music venue. It all sounds like you all had a good time dancing and listening to all of the music. It is good that you were able to get out and enjoy everything. This morning I fell off of a curb and have severely sprained my RT ankle.

You are right, I do not see my older sister only but about once a year. We are not all that close and she lives way up in Indiana. So yesterday we took the boat out and anchored the boat on a sand bar and stayed out there for some 5 hours, sitting in the sun and talking and drinking.

In the evening we rode her golf cart down to a favorite restaurant and had a good meal and some margaritas. My sister woke up this morning and made Bloody Mary's for us. She is a drinker and I cannot drink like she does. All in all it was a nice short break away for this nice weather wise weekend.

Kathy

Sorry to hear you sprained your ankle. Sometimes a sprsin is worse thsn a break. Tgst is your gas pedal foot too. Hope you can still use it enough to drive.

Yes sounds like a lot of drinking but you werent driving so why not, its only this one time. Who was the third person, a friend? Was the water Lake Michigan or a smaller lake?

I was so tired today, laid back down when I got home fron church about 10am. Thought I had stayed there for a little bit but when I looked at the clock it was 12:30. Finally got some ambition about 6pm so mixed up some Round Up and sprayed some grass and weeds around the house and yard. It was nice and cool but still worked up a sweat when I pulled some stickers.

Hate to think about it getting back up to the 90's again. As usual they sre saying rain for Wednesday.

Sharon

Sharon, I had my foot elevated all day yesterday once I got home and I wrapped it and iced it as well. I can drive. You are right about sprains being more painful that just a break.

I just checked the weather forecast for around here and the next chance for rain is on Thursday. But very hot once again in the 90's Wednesday & Thursday.

So their place is not on Lake Michigan, but a private lake where houses are built all around the lake.

You probable needed the rest and it certainly did not do you any harm. This heat will really tire any of us out.

Kathy

How does your ankle feel after bring at work all day? Would imagine you are ready yo get it elevated.

Yes I saw we are now not supposed to get rain until Friday. So you can get your game in and maybe move up a notch.

I had signed up for or a bus trip through the community college last week called cruise and brews but was wait listed since the bus was full. Well they called today and said they have room so I am going on the 18th. It is an architectural cruise on the river, lunch and a brewery tour in Milwaukee. I don't like beer but will be interesting to see them bottling it.

Tomorrow is the walk on the Lake path where you can rent a kayak or board for $10. I signed up for the kayak, have never done it but looks like fun. Think I will kayak one way and walk back.

Sharon

Sharon, that really sounds like a lot of fun for you today to be kayaking down the river and then walking back. Also good that you were able to get on the bus for next Thursday's bus trip. That sounds like a lot of fun as well.

Yesterday the first day back to work with my sprained ankle. I did not come home for lunch so to stay off of it as much as possible. I am keeping it elevated all day while at work. It is gradually getting better but sprains are more painful than a break and take a little time to heal properly.

It is really heating up once again and temps going back into the 90's. Are you watching how we are loosing daylight everyday now and sunset is now before 8. You know what that means. I also saw that the water temp is 78 degrees.

Kathy

You are right about the daylight getting less but I have to admit I didn't even realize it! Also was surprised to hear schools are starting next week. Seems like there is still some summer left to me.

Its good you can keep your ankle elevated while at work that Should help it.

The kayak was so much fun but its a good thing we have been working on arms in zumba since its all arms you use to paddle. It was on Lake Geneva and even at 9am there were quite a few boats and wave runners out. We all stayed in kind of a group and close in away from waves. Would love to do it again.

Are you sitting out tomorrow night?

Sharon

Sharon, the problem with our game today it is at 8. Many do not like playing the last game as it usually gets over close to 9. So if everyone shows up I will sit down and watch. If not then I will have to play.

That really sounds like you had a good time in or above the water. How long did you paddle and then walk? We do that when we are in Saugatuck. I would think that you would be going to the pool today since the temps will go into the 90's.

Yes, the swelling is going down but it is still sore. I am not doing the hot tub as that would only increase the swelling.

Kathy

So did enough people come that you could sit out or did you have to play, and did your team win tonight? How are the mosquitoes there, here they aren't too bad until just after dark, then they seem to come out.

We kayaked about an hour and walked back just about the same time. Someone was telling me that there is a deal on Tuesdays, two people can each rent a kayak for $20 each, not sure for how long. Will have to look into that and see if that is really the price or not. I didn't know you did the kayaks when you went to Michigan, maybe you mentioned it and I forgot. Suppose I wasn't interested in them at the time since I had never done it.

Yes we went to the pool but they said something was wrong with the filter so the outside pool was closed. We could use the inside pool for free though. So we went to the inside pool but there was a bunch of kids and it was hot in there so we went to the beach instead. The sand was so hot it almost burned your feet. But the water felt good.

Tonight met the girls, one was in the dumps because her health is not the best and another one was in the dumps too because her mother is getting senile/dementia and wants to drive, overdraws her checkbook and just is hard to deal with in general. So the other gal and I were feeling blessed we didn't have any real problems to deal with right now. The last gal that is usually there went to a car show so didn't come.

If it is another hot day, will probably go to the pool, its supposed to be fixed and should be extra clean tomorrow.

Stay cool,

Sharon

Sharon, you should be in the pool today. Very hot and humid but at least it is not anything like what is going on RIO. Have you seen some of those conditions in the waters?

The 2 men who sat out last week played, Bill and another man. We won big and beat a much better team. Bill said he is not going to let all of the girls play again at once, as we only have 4 more games to play. If the men would have played last week I am sure we would have won. So yes, I was able to sit out and bugs were a problem once the sun set.

We also have kayaked on Lake Michigan inside the break water at 31st street beach. Today would be a great day to either be at the beach or in the pool. When have you heard the lake temp 80 or above? It sounds like bath temp.

Enjoy,

Kathy

I agree with Bill, since everyone has already played its time to let the best players do it. That way everyone will reap the benefits. I know its a game but its also nice to win!

The pool wasn't fixed so they sent us to a different hotel with a couple of pools and we got to go free. So we spent the afternoon there playing like we were on vacation like everyone else. I have been going with a gal from zumba, her husand and her adult daughter. This is the couple that are having major money problems that I told you about before. However he thinks he might have a job, just waiting to hear back from the headhunter. If so it will come just in a nick of time since they were planning on filing bankruptsy next week. He has been looking for a job for over 3 months.

Last I heard of Lake Michigan water temps it was in the 70's. Can't imagine it or any other lake getting into the 90's. I think that would kill all the fish.

I saw the Olympic pool water turned green instead of blue and it didn't seem like anyone could figure out why.

I volunteered to sell dessert at the corn snd brat festival on Saturday afternoon. Maybe I will be able to eat some too ha ha.

Sharon

Sharon, I did not hear that the water was 90. The actual water temp is 80 and that reading is taken out at the crib. So I was just saying that the water temp at the beach is much warmer. I just looked and for the next week we have rain in the forecast everyday.

Yes, with only 4 games left I am sure the men will be playing every game. But there are only 2 men and the rest are women. So a good mix would be the 2 men and 2 women.

Well that is good that you have an alternate pool to go to. I would think that being inside would be the best now. Especially with rain and storms in the forecast. Also sounds like a lot of fun for tomorrow working the brat table.

Tomorrow the bunco gals are going downtown on the train and then taking a boat tour down the river.

Kathy

I've been on that river tour, very enjoyable. I'm hoping the one I'm going to next week will be as good. I am going alone, you will have fun with your friends.

We had rain all night and some this morning too. We really needed it. Where my grandson lives in Louisiana, they are predicting 20 inches of rain. The schools and businesses are closed too. Lucily for them they live on higher ground and don't expect their house to flood.

Have fun tomorrow,

Sharon

Sharon, I have seen all of the flooding in that area. Yes, we did get a lot of storms yesterday. First in the morning and then later on in the evening.

My friend came to my house and we drove to the train. Then we met our other friend and we all headed downtown. From where the train stopped it was a short walk to the river where we got on the boat. It was a bit cool down by the lake so that was good. We had a nice afternoon cruising the river. Afterward we went along the river walk and had lunch right on the river.

Enjoy and have a great weekend.

Kathy

You had a nice day for the river ride. Bet you three had fun! We had a nice day for the corn and brat festival too. I volunteered at the dessert table from 3 to 6pm. The gal I was with stayed till 8pm to listen to the band, I stayed for the fireworks at 9pm. It was a nice evening to be outside. There was a huge crowd. The band was playing till midnight.

Earlier in the day I went to a library book sale. Got there just as they were changing the prices from per book to bag of books for $5.

Sharon

Sharon, sometimes it pays to go to things after they have open awhile, as they soon drop the prices to clear things out.

I agree it was the perfect day yesterday to be outside. It sounds like you had a good time at the festival and always good to watch a good fireworks show.

Today I am going outside and pull some weeds, as Bill starts his first rehearsal this afternoon. Today should be a good day to be outside. I heard tomorrow heavy rain through the day.

Enjoy today and stay cool.

Kathy

I think it probably was a good day to work outside like you did, and I should have probably did that by cutting the grass again. But instead I went to early church and then to a neighboring county fair. Not nearly as many people as has been in prior years I was surprised. I pretty much just looked around, got a lemonade and a piece of pizza for a cost of $10, a little over priced but then again that's the fair. On the way home I checked my phone and saw the gal I usually go to the pool and beach with had invited me to go to the beach again with them, but by the time I saw that it was already almost 5pm.

Tomorrow have zumba and then another boat ride in the afternoon. Up here they aren't saying rain so hopefully we don't get any. It looks like it's more going south of Chicago.

The sweet corn is really good now, several places sell it fresh picked. I need to get some and cut if off the cob to freeze. It will be good to pull out a bag of sweet corn in the middle of winter and eat it.

So the rehearsals have started, too bad they are on Sunday when you two could do something together.

Sharon

Sharon, it is too bad that you are always missing the calls. It would have been a good time to have gone to the beach. The past few days the weather has been good for being outside. I heard that today we are getting the rain and you should miss it altogether. We have some rain in the forecast for all of this week.

Bill will not be going to all rehearsals. They are sending him a schedule that will show what days he has to show up and what day he does not. The schedule is Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday.

So today you are doing Zumba and then going on a boat ride. This sounds like a good day of fun and activities.

Have fun and enjoy,

Kathy

All 12 of us were at the pier with our snacks and drinks but the boat was no where to be seen. The gal that had set it up called him, he said the starter went out on the boat.So she told him we were all there waiting what were we supposed to do? He said he would call a friend of his that had a boat to give us the ride. But when the friend came he had a small boat that only sat 5 people. He was trying to tell us we could all fit but we knew we could't possibly fit. So we told him no way and walked a short distance to a covered pavillion with picnic tables and put out our food and drinks. We had a nice afternoon talking and visiting but no boat ride. I put it on facebook so no one else will charter him. He was very irresponsible not to let us know.

It was a nice day weather wise, cloudy and breezy and no rain!

That makes sense about the rehersals. Once everyone gets their lines down they will all have to go put it together. What is the name of this play, did you tell me already? Sorry if you did I don't remember.

There is another walk tomorrow, it's a 5 mile one. Not sure if I want to walk that far. Then Wdnesday is our finale boat ride with lunch. Thursday is that bus trip with the college to Milwaukee (hope the rioting is done). Going to be a busy week.

How is your ankle doing? Getting better I hope.

Sharon

Sharon, as you well know a sprain takes a very long time to completely heal. I am walking around fine. I just cannot sit on the floor like I usually do sitting on a pillow. So I have to sit at the table when eating. Ankle still a bit swollen and in a little pain when I attempt to sit like that.

Bill's play is called Seussical The Musical. You should remember Dr Seuss and the Cat in the Hat, and Green Eggs and Ham.

I should say that you have a busy week. Be careful in MKE, things are really bad there. But I am sure the bus driver will not put any of you in harms way. So are you going to walk the 5 miles today? Tomorrow the finial boat ride. Do you think that man will have it working for the trip? That other man must have been crazy to think that he could put 12 people in a small boat. Especially if he did not have life vests for all of you. He should have known better.

We got way over 2" of rain fall yesterday. It really poured most of the day and into the evening. We could get more this afternoon.

Kathy

I figured your ankle was still sore, but am surprised you sit on the floor. i can't remember the last time I sat on the floor, other than to do an exercise. Glad you can at least walk on it now though.

Now I remember you did tell me what the play was, I just forgot. It should be funny and interesting. What part is Bill playing?

I know I was wondering about Milwaukee also, but I think it is in an entirely different part of the city that we will be going to. Funny I heard that in Chicago last week 40+ people were shot and 9 died, and there is no rioting or anything. How can this keep going on everyday, every weekend and people do nothing??

The boat we will be going on for the Get Moving Wisconsin is not the same one the 12 of us were going on yesterday. He was an independent charter, while the one we will be going on is a much bigger and well run company that goes around the lake all the time. I don't know how many people are going on it, they said they reached capacity and could not take any new people or ones that didn't register. I did not do the 5 mile walk today, went to zumba instead and then the pool. Tomorrow I am not walking the 7 miles either, just going to the pier where the boat is picking everyone up after the walk. I can do 3 or 4 miles but getting up to 5 and more is just too much for my knee and feet.

You are right about the life vests for the boat yesterday, I didn't even think about that, he wouldn't have had enough I'm sure.

My grandson's fiance put a picture of their house on facebook, it has water about half way up to the roof. She said they were able to rescue some pictures and baby books but everything else is lost. They can't even get close to it now, the roads are still flooded. They are staying at a shelter and working with the fire department in any way needed. Such a shame, my grandson has been working on the house for almost a year and will have to start all over again.

We must have gotten some rain last night as the driveway was wet and the grass was too this morning. I never heard it though so must have been a quiet rain.

Sharon

Sharon I use a big pillow from our couch to sit on the floor when eating dinner. There is a long table I have as well.

So today you are going on the last boat ride for this year. I think today is a perfect day to be out on the lake. Enjoy and have a good time today.

Wow that is really too bad about their house. I did not realize that they had that much rain. It certainly will be a real mess and a long time for all of the water to go down.

Bill may play a few different parts. But basically he is in the Who's family. There are mainly kids and the rest are adults.

I agree that we must have gotten some rain last night. But like you I did not hear anything. I guess we could get rain later on this afternoon. So bocce up for grabs once again.

Kathy

It was a nice day for the boat ride. They provided Subway sandwiches, pop and lemonade free. There was a bartender so some people got Bloody Mary's. I stuck with the lemonade.

I will have to get up earlier than I usually do tomorrow, and here it is 11:35 already tonight! Got home from seeing the girls around 10:30 and then had to have a bite to eat before heading to the computer and then to bed.

Hope you got your game in, and you won. It looked a little wet on the driveway but I don't think it rained here tonight.

I sent my sister a phone card because I could not get ahold of her. She called me yesterday after she got the card and put the minutes in her phone. The pulmonary dr is telling her she doesn't have COPD, but asthma. I don't think they are right at all. Also her son did get the house, sounds like its on a 5 year balloon payment by what she is telling me. They plan to start moving over the weekend. She is happy since she will be getting her own room.

Sharon

Sharon, enjoy your bus trip to MKE today. With the heavy rain it should keep any of those people protesting away. I know around here it poured before I left for work. Just dark and gloomy and maybe some more rain later on.

Yesterday we got a small sprinkle that really didn't do much around 2. Then it all cleared up and we were able to get all of our games in. There was only 4 of us and Bill played and we won. So now only 3 more games to play and that is it for the season. So we went from 4th to 3rd now.

So your sister is or will be moving in with her son and she will have her own room. At least she has someone who can keep an eye on her and keep her safe.

That sounded like a very good time yesterday on you finial boat ride. How long of a ride was it? Yesterday was a good day to be out on a boat on the lake.

Kathy

Alright, yeah! you are still moving up with a few more games to play!

It rained here early this morning but nothing after about 6am. I normally wouldn't be up at that time to notice but had to leave early for the trip. It was fun, the whole bus seemed to be older retired people and very friendly so it was a nice atmosphere. We got to the Pabst brewery about 10am and was given a choice of a beer or a root beer. I took the root beer but many took the beer. We saw a movie about how the brewery started and a guy gave a talk about it while we watched. He said the employees of the brewery had a beer break every 3 hours and they could drink all they wanted. I can't imagine they were very productive but they were very happy! Then we went to the Water Street Brewery restaurant for lunch, which was very good and then to the river for the boat ride. It was an hour and a half ride, we went out past the breakwater and it was rough and windy. There are so many bridges that have to be raised every time a boat wants to go under it that the traffic gets pretty backed up on the street it seemed.

My sister has been living with her youngest son and wife and kids since she got down there in May. It seems to be working out okay at least she never mentions any problems. Although she is looking forward to having her own space which I don't blame her, I would want that too.

It has been thundering like crazy here for the last half hour, heard it raining too.

Yesterday the boat ride was about an hour or so, time for us all to eat lunch and have something to drink and enjoy the views. So the walking program is over now for the summer. They are looking for a new coordinator for next year, the gal that has been doing it for the last 5 years has another job. We are glad they are keeping the program going next year.

Sharon