Fall Weather

Could anyone tell me what type of weather is typical in Venice and Dubrovnik in late September vs. mid-October or early November? Is it generally pleasant and mild or cool and rainy? Is it rainier in early November? We are trying to decide when to cruise this area and are concerned about the weather at this time of year in these more northern ports. Any input will be appreciated!!

Dubrovnik - Can't really tell you late Sept. to early November as we were there in LATE LATE NOVEMBER........ Specifically the Sunday after Thanksgiving. We had some early morning fog then it cleared......then sunny for a few hours and finally a tiny mist of rain later that afternoon but we had already done the wall. The temps were cooler but really nice for all the walking we did.

We are planning on another Europe cruise this Nov. leaving Rome on the 7th and returning the 18th. We enjoy traveling off season with cooler temps, less crowds and great prices !!!!

Now, here is a wonderful website I use when planning trips and weather questions...... www.americanexpressweather.com On the left side you enter the location and the dates you will be there and up pops all the historical info you could ever want. Mother Nature has her own agenda, but this is as close to figuring out what you could get as possible.....

enjoy your planning !

Thank you so much for the great website! I'm sure it will be helpful. We really don't want it to be too hot in Greece either but wondered if we're sacrificing good weather in Dubrovnik and Venice. No guarantees but we appreciate your help!

I just want to add that we spent three full days in Venice during this time frame.

One day was chilly and rainy, the next day was cloudy but sill a little cool and the last day was sunny and hot.

I would be sure to have a sweater with you and a light jacket just in case it is cool but also realize it can be warm.

Dubrovnik should be great.

This is a great time to visit the Med. It is far less crowded than the summer and far less hot and humid.

Enjoy!

Keith

You're welcome :)

Truly the key is to plan on layering. I took some lightweight long sleeve t's and blouses, then a sweater and finally a pea coat for nighttime. Used the coat both pre and post cruise in Rome (November trip) but pretty much left it either on the ship or in the van/bus while on tours and only took my sweater with me. Even then I mostly wore it around my waist while sightseeing.

I love traveling to the Caribbean when it is hot- hot-hot and the sun and sand and water........ but for Europe we really like the cooler temps of May or November. We have been fortunate to have not had much rain, only a brief shower in Dubrovnik in Nov. and one in Rome in May. Both days it was beautiful other than the 1 hr or so of light rain.

Have a great trip !

Archived